New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Starbucks - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Starbucks - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Starbucks - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Starbucks - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Starbucks - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Starbucks - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Starbucks - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Starbucks - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Starbucks - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Starbucks

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Starbucks - Page 5 Empty Re: Starbucks

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:50 am

"Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. I would tell you to try the veal, but we serve you stale pastries." Kelsey bowed before ducking into the back to go get more desserts.

Upon hearing that, Ashlee tossed her scone discreetly into the trash can, and waited for Evelyn.

Noah rolled his eyes at her, "Yeah she really knows how to bring down the house."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:52 am

Evelyn shook her head and informed Noah that, "You really need to lighten up. She's bringing you customers." She turned and followed Ashlee, being dragged along by Nova.

"That went well," she said.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:57 am

"Oh yeah real smooth sailing. I think Kelsey grew on me... we might have to invite her to hang out with us." Ashlee giggled turning to follow Evelyn out of Starbucks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:24 am

Evelyn smirked and then added, "Why is it the cute guys there are always kind of boring? And why is it that you keep shoving Noah on ME when YOU were eying him?" she asked Ashlee, dodging pedestrians. She began walking back toward campus.

Nova yipped at passers-by.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:44 am

"Hey hey! I'm just trying to help! I'm not the only one that needs a date to the formal you know?" Ashlee grinned slyly.

Although Evelyn had made a point the boys at Starbucks lacked excitement, with the extreme exception of Danny and even Jake.

None of them really stood out and she could see why Evelyn wouldn't give most of them a second look.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:46 am

Evelyn cringed. Ashlee was right. Evelyn didn't have a date either. "We'll scope out boys on campus," she suggested.

[[Ashlee and Evelyn to AC]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:25 am

[[Ashlee and Evelyn from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:37 am

Jacob had been refilling pots of coffee, when the door signalled new customers. Honestly for a Friday they were pretty slow today, so there had been a lot of time for him and Kelsey to just chill.

Of course though too much free time meant Jake got to look at his phone more and he had spent most of his shift feeling like crap. Thinking of ways to make it up to Evelyn for breaking her window.

Although once his eyes landed on a photo Ashlee had posted of Evelyn poking a shirtless James at work. He suddenly wasn't feeling so guilty anymore.

And just then he saw Evelyn and Ashlee approaching the counter.

"Well look who it is? If it isn't your main squeeze Don Juan. Its Red and her best friend the Anti-Fairy." Kelsey stated, since she had also called Seth the fairy due to his bright hair. It was only natural Ashlee be the negative.

Ashlee giggled, "Hi Jake."

"Hey." Jake muttered not really looking at either of them. "What do you want?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:40 am

Evelyn blinked and then narrowed her eyes at him, annoyance building up in her. She turned and addressed Kelsey instead, even though Jake was at cash and Kelsey at drinks. "Hey Kelsey. Tall Peppermint Mocha, please." She rummaged in her bag and dropped a five on the counter without managing to look at Jake.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:45 am

"We're out of peppermint." Jake said icily.

Ashlee cringed, looking from Jake to Evelyn.

"Me-ow Juan. What's up with you? But he is right, we're out of peppermint. Anything else that you like that satisfies your taste buds and puts a dent in your wallet?" Kelsey asked Evelyn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:47 am

Evelyn flinched at Jake's tone but managed to pass it off as a shoulder ache. She rolled her shoulders a little, hitched her bag up and glanced up at the menu-board above Jake's head, figuring if he didn't have the civility to talk to her without acting like a douche, she didn't have to grant him eye contact. "Um, a cinnamon dolche latte then."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 am

Kelsey nodded as she went to go make Evelyn's order. "Oh and you AF?" She asked.

"Tall white chocolate mocha." Ashlee put in her order. Then went to pay for her coffee.

Jacob rang her up and handed Ashlee back her change. Ashlee went to go wait for her coffee, while Jacob rang up Evelyn. "That will be ten dollars." He told Evelyn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 am

Evelyn's eyes widened. She pushed the five-dollar bill she'd placed on the counter earlier at Jake, looking down at his cash display instead. "What're you charging the additional five bucks for, extra ice in your attitude?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:58 am

"Oh I'm sorry, you wanted free coffee? Well you can have James come in here and buy you coffee. But make sure when he arrives to tell him, we don't serve people who aren't wearing shirts." Jacob replied curtly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:02 am

Evelyn's eyes flicked up to his in surprise. She blinked, debating just what the hell to say. What was he on about?

He probably took it hte wrong way. Oh, wow, this was perfect. So he broke her damn window, which she had to pay a hefty fine for, and nwo he was going ot get all pissy because of a stupid doubt which he should know better than to have?

Evelyn reached over the counter and dropped the five dollar bill on the other side so it hit Jake's foot. She glanced up at him as she straightened. "Oops. Guess karma doesn't like assuming assholes," she said coolly.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:16 am

Kelsey leaned over the counter. "I sense a storm on the lovers island."

"Oh yeah, but you and I have both witnessed enough to know when its about that time." Ashlee nodded, taking a sip of her coffee.

Jacob bent down and picked up her five dollar bill. He handed it back to her. "You're a bit short."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:22 am

Evelyn stared at him, wide-eyed, and tried not to show that thsi wwas affecting her in anyway. EVen though his tone really stung.

She met Jake's cold gaze for a moment longer and then swallowed. All right, fine, I'll play along and hope he falls into traffic or something on the way home. What goes around comes around, right?

Plus, the nearest Tim's was a few blocks away.

She broke off the staring contest, reached int her bag and pulled out another five, noting the sizable dent Jake's window incident had made in her finances. She slapped it on the counter somewhat forcibly. Jaw clenched, she looked up at him and said, "I'm sorry, my finances were a bit strained after paying off a huge maintenance bill this morning."

She turned and walked off (she wanted to storm off, really, but there wasn't much room) to where Ashlee and Kelsey were. "Is my coffee ready?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:29 am

Kelsey handed Evelyn her drink and Ashlee flinched.

"Hey listen I didn't mean to get you in trouble with Jake." Ashlee apologized. Feeling guilty that she made things worse.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:03 pm

"There was nothing all that incriminating about that photo," Evelyn replied quietly, checking her coffee's sugar. After a wave at Kelsey, she lowered her voice even though Jake was occupied with a customer, this one of the "blond bombshell" variety she'd told James to go find, ironically enough. "I would have told him where I'd been if he'd asked me, but since he didn't, he can just sulk like a little boy. Asshole," she added audibly enough for him to hear as she headed past him to the exit.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Jake wasn't even paying attention to the girl, he was glaring at Evelyn's head. As he went to go fill out her order.

"You guys are stupid. Just apologize to each other, because this is stupid then." Ashlee stated simply as they left Starbucks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Evelyn sipped her latte, glad Kelsey had made it. Jake would probably have spit in it. The bastard.

"I'm not apologizing," she said stubbornly. "I didn't do anything wrong, why the hell would I apologize?!"

She glared down at her latte. "And this freaking ten-dollar-latte is tasteless." Her temper simmered at the unfairness. "Can you believe he charged me - ugh."

She stopped mid-rant and a sudden laugh escaped her. "Oh, wow," she said ruefully. "The service in this city sucks when you have history with the servicepeople. Can't buy a freaking skirt or a damn latte without being harassed."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Ashlee just rolled her eyes. "Oh come on, you wouldn't have bought that skirt anyway. You know James was just pulling your leg, and you and Jake are just having an argument. And I can see where he got a little sensitive, about the whole James thing. But you're both being ridiculous." Ashlee said sipping her coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:02 pm

"Maybe," Evelyn agreed. She brightened. "You should be proud of me. The old me would have socked Jake when he overcharged me." She and Ashlee reached campus, crossing the quad.

[[Evelyn and Ashlee to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:15 pm

[[Jake previously...then Evelyn, Ashlee and Seth from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Jacob had been working, for the afternoon for once it had actually been really slow. Which frustrated him because his boss Jeff made it sound like there were people barreling through the door just to get in and get their coffee.

And the place was like a freaking ghost town. There had only been a few people or so coming in and honestly he could have been doing something much better like studying or something. Whatever kept him away from work.

Kelsey had emerged from the back and saw Jake sitting there looking all grouchy. "Someone tell you you're getting deported Don? You look less chipper than usual."

"Just don't feel like being here, I always feel like I'm getting sucked into work! Like seriously no one else could have come in! Everyone else has shit to do? I bet Danny is just laying on his ass strung out somewhere, and Noah is getting it in the ass somewhere, and you! You're not even doing anything, yet I always have to come in because Eric had to be a moron and get himself fired, and was the only other shift supervisor. So I have to be the only one that picks up the damned slack around this shit hole. So yes excuse me if I'm not chipper!" Jake snapped at Kelsey.

Kelsey narrowed her eyes at Jacob and glared at the Spaniard. "Well excuse us Enrique, if you think you're too good to work here you can always quit. You act like you're the only person who ever comes into work, if anything you spend most of your time calling off of work and you only get the days off because you're higher ranked than me and the others. And the depressive, snappy person around here is me. So quit stealing my thunder."

Jacob rolled his eyes at Kelsey. "Oh come on don't even act like you even enjoy working here! You stand around here moping most of the day, and we all have to pick up your slack! The only reason why you haven't been fired yet was because you were dating Jeff at the time he hired you. You're always all like "Oh working here is such a cliche and we only work to feed to the bigger corporations and have them turn us into slaves of consumer merchandise." bullshit. So if anything I tolerate working here for so long. So if anyone should quit it should be you."

Kelsey let out a small gasp, her eyes widening up at Jake. In all the time she had worked with him. Jacob had never really lost his temper around her, like he had at the other guys. Yeah she might have not liked working at Starbucks, but it was working with Jacob and the other guys that made her want to come into work most days. "You know what I can't work with you like this, so if you're gonna stand here and bitch all day. And since I'm just such a damned nuisance to you, then I'll leave work and you can work alone. You bastard." Kelsey took off her apron and tossed it on the ground. She went to grab her jacket from the back pulling it on and walking out from the front of Starbucks.

"Uh its a small town, there's a park there and stuff its really nice. Has hiking trails and stuff its just really relaxing and pretty. Um there's a skating rink I remember. A few things. Its just nice to walk around and stuff. Its not really my hometown either I only lived there for a few years, I'm originally from Michigan." Ashlee added as they walked down the street towards Starbucks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum