New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Starbucks - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Starbucks - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Starbucks - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Starbucks - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Starbucks - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Starbucks - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Starbucks - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Starbucks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Starbucks - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Starbucks

2 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Starbucks - Page 6 Empty Re: Starbucks

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 am

There was a pause.

Seth looked over at the redhead. She was still immersed in reading the label on every single pastry tray and clearly had no idea Jake was talking to her.

Seth's lips twitched and he nudged Ashlee, placing a quick finger to his lips to indicate for her to stay silent.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 am

Ashlee opened her mouth to get Evelyn's attention but caught Seth's gesture so she stayed quiet.

Jacob losing his patience quickly raised his voice. "Yo! I don't have all day, what do you want?" He said rudely to Evelyn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 am

Seth cringed. Fuck! Evelyn's head shot up and she jerked backwards in what was either surprise or fright or both.

Five seconds after her eyes met Jake's annoyed ones, though, her whole demeanor changed. She shot him a saccharine smile and said jovially, "How about a sunny attitude redo, because the caveman thing went out last year, less troll-faced service and a Tall Gingerbread Latte?" Her eyes drifted up to his messy hair and she dropped a five on the counter, adding curtly, "Keep the change and buy yourself a comb!"

Seth made a slitting gesture across his throat to Ashlee, cringing.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:04 am

Ashlee smacked her hand against her head, shaking her head. This was gonna get ugly.

Jake glared at Evelyn taking her five and throwing it off the counter. "How about you take your money and get the hell out of here. I have better things then to wait around here and serve you. And there are no more Gingerbread Latte's they were seasonal, although like hell I'd serve one to a Grinch like you." Jake said coldly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:14 am

"Oh, so is your crotchety old man attitude seasonal too?" Evelyn asked irritably, kneeling to grab her bill off the floor. "Or am I just unlucky you/re always PMSing when i come in here?"

Nova gave a soft whine at their angry voices and a few people sitting nearby looked around.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:16 am

"Oh because your bitchy demeanor, is just uplifting anytime of the year huh? Cause you're always pulling sunshine out of your ass, I'm sorry I forgot you're perfect. And everyone else around you is low and scum." Jake scowled at Evelyn, of course they would be fighting and anyone who was here was probably gonna report him to his manager.

Not that he cared, it wouldn't be the first time he got a write up a Starfuckingbucks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:20 am

"No," Evelyn said, pushing her hair out of her face as she stood tall, five-dollar bill crumpled in her shaking fist. She glared at him across the counter. "Just you, Jacob."

Seth winced. That was low. And knowing Jake's tendency to flare up, he owuldn't let this go.

Evelyn didn't wait, though, she turned away toward the door, anger pumping through her. Why the hell had she come? This was a terrible idea! Her day had been going as good as it could - and now she was wishing it'd just end so she wouldn't have to stand here insulting Jake. Because she was sick of always fighting.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:31 am

Ashlee cringed at that and went to follow after Evelyn. "Ev wait!" Ashlee called out to her, running outside.

Jacob clenched his jaw, and wondered what made Evelyn so fucking special to decide to call him scum. Jake leapt over the counter and went to go out the door, like hell he was letting Evelyn leave with giving her a piece of his mind!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:43 am

Seth stared after Jake and Ashlee as they disappeared outside behind Evelyn.

He looked down at Nova, who woofed up at him in a puzzled, sad sort of way.

"Yeah, buddy, your parents are crazy," Seth said to him, and then realized a few people were standing behind him, looking confused and annoyed. Clearly, they were in line.

Seth blinked - and then leaped over the counter, grabbing a leftover apron, tying it on. He turned to the first guy in line, a large dimpled grin on his face. "Welcome to Starbucks, homie! Whatcha wanna chug?"

The businessman looked confused. "Can I just....get a tall black coffee?"

"Suuure!" Seth chirped, all perky smile and flailing hands as he walked to a coffeemaker and squinted at it. Sure, he'd visited Jake here tons of times after school, but...it couldn't be that hard to work this. Seth twisted a knob, placing a cup under it, and brown liquid, piping hot, rushed out.

It spilled over the edge of the cup and Seth jumped back. "FUCK!"

Five different people shot him glares.

He stopped the tap and shoved a bunch of napkins under it as Nova leaped up onto a stool nearby, brown eyes wide in horror as he watched coffee trail on the floor.

Seth maneuvered around him and capped the drink; he took it to the guy after sticking some cream on top. "Here ya go! That's uh...he consulted the board. Black Coffee was...?

"Uh, you know what, have it for three bucks," Seth chirped, hitting 3 on the cash register - which he did know how to work. Albeit the one at his workplace was different. He took a five from the guy and gave him his change.

"Hey!" the guy exclaimed, as he turned to walk but looked back. "This isn't black coffee!" He coughed. "It's a latte!"

Seth shrugged at him. "Don't sweat it, dawg! Try new things! Broaden your cramped Wall Street horizons!"

The man looked extremely offended. Nova gave a soft whine and huffed at Seth from his stool.

"NEXT!" Seth called happily.

Evelyn had gone about ten paces before she heard Ashlee calling to her. She didn't slow down, not realizing she'd left Nova behind. She could feel her restraint breaking. Every time she was around Jake, even if she never talked to him, it felt like a part of her was caving in. She lifted a hand to wipe at her stinging eyes. Oh God, she wasn't going to freaking cry in public!

She wished she'd just stayed silent. She didn't mean to insult him - it happened automatically. She was sick of fighting, sick of constant glaring and back and forths. Wasn't that supposed to have ended? Wasn't that what he'd said back on Seth's yacht?
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:44 am

Jacob spotted Evelyn, as he walked out of Starbucks. She was pretty far, but not too out of sight so Jake ran, catching up to Evelyn. He came out in front of her.

"Seriously, just for once you couldn't make my day hell!" Jake snapped at Evelyn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:49 am

Evelyn stifled a yelp and stumbled backwards away from the Spaniard, not having seen him approach at all. She'd just been striding along blindly, eyes growing blurred despite her efforts to hold back her cracking calm facade.

She lifted her hands to her face and used her thumbs to wipe her eyes dry swiftly, not wanting to look like a sniveling kid. She didn't answer him, simply turning and sidestepping Jake to walk past.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:55 am

Ashlee squeaked, as Jake blew past her. She had wanted to follow Evelyn. But Ashlee could not keep up with her long strides so she decided to go back inside Starbucks and just go back to the dorms with Seth.

When Ashlee turned and walked back in. Her mouth fell open, there was a swarm of people at the counter, and Seth attempting to make coffee for all of these angry business looking type folks.

Jake grabbed Evelyn's arm. "I mean really! I get it you hate me but it does it mean you have to bug me everytime you come to Starbucks?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:01 am

Seth was now juggling three empty cups while the coffeemaker churned away. He looked up and spotted Ashlee by the door. "Heyyy! Where's Jake?" he chirped at her, dropping the cups and filling up one of them with black coffee.

"I wanted a latte!" the woman he handed it to exclaimed angrily.

Evelyn couldn't help herself - she flinched the moment she felt Jake's fingers close on her arm. For one wild second, she kind of expected him to snap her wrist in half or something.

She stiffened, looking down at the pavement and trying to ignore the goosebumps trailing up her arm. "S-Seth told me you were h...home," she stammered, feeling her voice waver despite her inner disgust with her weakness. She couldn't help the slight sliver of fear that trickled into her. Jake looked really pissed - and he was off his meds.

"I s-still didn't want t-to go here, but he a-and Ashlee insisted it'd be okay since you were...were supposed to be home."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:09 am

"Uhhhh he went after Ev. What the hell are you doing?" Ashlee asked Seth as she watched him juggle three coffee cups.

"Then don't listen to them next time! I'm so sick of their shit!" Jake yelled letting go of Evelyn's arm.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:16 am

Seth tossed a scone at a girl with a messenger bag. She grabbed it and tossed a five dollar bill at him. he rang it up and looked up at Ashlee. "Oh, just manning the forte. Wanna help? That half-reed is annoying me!"

Nova barked sharply at him from his stool.

Evelyn's stomach was churning with dread, and that familiar ache that was perpetually inside her whenever she thought of or saw Jake. She started a little when his loud voice hit her ears, and bit her lower lip hard. She suddenly didn't have the energy to engage in all out verbal battle with him; her shoulders slumped and she hastily blurted out a weak, "Sorry! I'm sorry!"

She couldn't bring herself to fight with him. She was just so done with it. And he was already enraged. She didn't want to end up having her head bashed into a wall.

So she turned and strode on, keeping a forced neutral expression on her face and wishing she had sunglasses to hide the tears pooling in her eyes.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Ashlee went to pick up Nova and shook her head at the dog. "Your parents are always leaving you around."

Jake just rolled his eyes he was gonna go after Evelyn but he had realized he had left work unattended. "Fuck." Jake cursed he turned and ran back to the cafe, he burst in through the door and saw the chaos. Seth was behind the counter trying to help.

Jake ran and hopped over the counter to help Seth. "Dude what the hell are you doing here?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Seth grinned at Jake as he tossed a slice of cake at a woman. "Helping you! Where's Evelyn? Did you shove her into traffic?"

Evelyn was, in fact, fuming, because at this time she realized she'd left Nova behind

She did not want to go back. She gritted her teeth and paced a little uncertainly. Finally, she blew out her breath, sucked up her annoyance, and walked back toward Starbucks, slowly.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 pm

"I don't care. What can I get you?" Jake asked a woman who put in order in for a Mocha, Jake went to make drinks and nearly slipped in a puddle of coffee.

"Shit!" Jake yelled.

Ashlee covered Nova's ears, the dog did not need to be subjected to such foul language. "I'm gonna get going." Ashlee said to Seth getting up with Nova and heading to the exit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Seth cringed and grabbed a rag hanging off a cabinet door. He tossed it down on the floor. "Don't worry, I got this!"

Evelyn stepped inside just as some angry-looking woman stormed out past her, an uncapped mug of weird, murky coffee in her hands.

Evelyn pulled a face at the strangely strong stench of coffee and looked up, spotting - Seth behind the counter?

Ashlee was coming toward her with Nova in her arms. The cafe was suddenly no longer silent; a long lien of customers were waiting and as she watched, Jake, who had skidded apparently, was no doubt going to tackle them on his own. With Seth to "help".

She watched Seth drop about five napkins on the floor on top of some rag he'd dumped, no doubt to clean whatever Jake had skidded over. Evelyn didn't realize she'd been wearing a horrified expression as she subconsciously walked over to the counter and took in the disastrous situation.

If Jake didn't get fired or demoted, he'd be the luckiest guy on earth.

Evelyn reached over the counter and grabbed Seth's wrist before he threw a dishtowel on top of the soggy napkin/rag mess. "Wait - don't, just, just rinse out that rag," she instructed him. Clearly he wasn't used to cleaning up much after himself. Then she remembered Seth was a spoilt rich kid.

"I'm doing it!" he said nonchalantly, dripping coffee all over the floor as he walked to the sink. Jake was too busy skidding to notice her, so Evelyn took this moment to walk around the counter behind him and drop her bag on the stool Nova had sat on. Seth turned with the wet rag in his hands and dropped it on the floor again. She put her foot on it and swished it around while he handed her a few napkins to wipe down the splattered second latte machine.

"Yo! Can I get my fucking tea already?" some college kid at the cash announced irritably. Behind him, people were looking at their watches.

"Ooh!" Seth exclaimed, "I can do cash!" He edged around Jake and dove to the cash register and Evelyn tried not to cringe.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Jacob had handed the annoyed kid his tea, and went to go fill another order when he bumped into Evelyn.

"What are you--"

"Hello! I need my latte today!" Some woman cut Jake off before he could finish talking.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Evelyn leaned around Jake and her eyes widened. "Seth -"

"Yooo, thaz eight ninety!" Seth chirped, punching in a button to open the cash register's drawer.

The woman looked outraged. "I asked for a small Tazo chai! How the fuck is that - ?!"

"Now now!" Seth said, loudly enough to drown out her protest as he wagged a finger in her face over the counter. Evelyn's grip loosened on her bunch of napkins in horror. "You were the two Grande Gingerbread Lattes!" Seth went on.

"No, that was me!" some guy over on the other side of the counter, where Jake was working, said irritably. "You mixed up my order?"

The woman near Seth looked furious and Evelyn sidestepped Jake, dropped the bundle of napkins into Seth's hand and said hastily, "Let me do this, because I cannot work those damn coffee machines! Can you go clean up the mess over near Jake?"

Seth hesitated, pouting, and then said huffily, "Fine! Damn females," he added irritably, stomping over to Jake's other side to wipe up the little spilled coffee Evelyn hadn't had time to sop up.

Evelyn was now very grateful she'd worked at a horribly busy diner as one of her two shitty jobs in Ash Ccrreek when she'd lived alone. She glanced up at the menuboard, opting to not mess up with the special functions, and manually typed in the prices of the drinks instead. "What did you get, sorry?" she chirped, perky cheerleader facade on her face.

"A small Tazo chai!" the woman said angrily. She pointed to the flavor over Evelyn's head on a notice board. Evelyn hastily punched it in and handed her the change, turning to the frozen Jake and adding, "Did you make that one already?" She glanced back at the next customer. "Next!"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Jacob had rolled his eyes at Seth, kid should never work in food service! He moved away from Evelyn finishing the latte's and handing them to that man, and then went to make the woman's tea.

"Here." Jake said handing her tea to her.

"Hey dude what about my two grande caramel frapps?" Someone pipped up. Jake turned to shot the guy a glare and then went to make the two frozen drinks.

"Seth! Go get more coffee from the back!" Jake ordered Seth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:02 pm

There was a slight pause while Seth wandered into the back and then strolled around like a kid in a candy store.

"Ooooh, you have those awesome brownies in here!" he called happily. Evelyn slowed down typing numbers in and stifled a sudden grin.

Nova wriggled impatiently on his leash and started wandering toward her.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:07 pm

"Seth! Coffee!" Jake yelled back ignoring Seth's remark on brownies.

Ashlee went to go get Nova. "Nova! No bad boy! Stay here or the business people will mistake you for a chocolate chip muffin!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:14 pm

"Uhhhnnnn! WHERE IS IT?!" Seth bellowed. "I SEE SCONES!"

Evelyn couldn't help a small giggle now. She punched in another order and ripped off the note to pin it where Jake could see it. "Go help him or he'll be lost in Narnia all day."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum