New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Vudu Lounge  EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Vudu Lounge  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Vudu Lounge  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Vudu Lounge  EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Vudu Lounge  EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Vudu Lounge  EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Vudu Lounge  EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Vudu Lounge  EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Vudu Lounge  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Vudu Lounge

2 posters

Go down

Vudu Lounge  Empty Vudu Lounge

Post  Cheerful-Panda Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:20 pm

[ The Girls from The Apartment ]

Lola snickered sliding in the cab next to Ashlee, "Hey, I can always get my sugar daddy to buy Ash a Rolex or something."

Ashlee taking her spot in the middle of her friends. It paid being the short friend in cramped cab rides, snorted when she gave the name of the club to the driver.

She had pulled out her phone with the camera facing towards her as she snapped a few pictures of herself to upload later since she was really proud of the makeup job she had done on herself she wanted to be able to replicate this look for later times.

Evelyn's voice caught her attention, the girl turned her attention to Evelyn shrugging. "I can't see why that would upset him, you've said worse things to him."

Cheerful-Panda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Vudu Lounge  Empty Re: Vudu Lounge

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:23 pm

Despite herself, Evelyn winced. Ashlee had all the subtlety of a drunk with a sledgehammer. And she wasn't incorrect.

Trying to push aside the memory of all of the horrible things she'd said to James -- and he'd said to her -- over the last school year, Evelyn leaned back in her seat, giving Ashlee a slight nudge in response. She shoved her phone into her bag and tipped her head back, listening to the tinny sounds of the TV installed in the divider wall behind the cabbie.

Before long, the cab was stopping in front of the pool lounge and the girls were climbing out. Evelyn, the last to go, slammed the cab door and followed the other two inside.

On a Friday, the lounge was crowded; every pool table seemed occupied, and from the front doors, they could hear the thumping of bass from the dance floor one level below them. The crowd was younger, mostly NYU students given its close proximity to the campus. Evelyn stepped aside to peel her trench coat off, already feeling the chill of the night on her bare legs.

Still, she thought, looking around, she wasn't the bravest one here by a long shot. There were a lot of miniskirts and short shorts happening.

She held onto her coat, glancing around the busy room. Leaning over to Lola and Ashlee, she said, "Do you guys wanna just try grabbing a table downstairs?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheerful-Panda Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:21 pm

Ashlee squeaked when Evelyn nudged her, she knew she wasn't really subtle at times, however she was just being honest. She hoped once they were in the lounge Evelyn would possibly let the subject go once they had a few drinks in them and were on the dance floor.

Stepping out of the cab, she shivered a bit when a breeze hit her legs, a wave of regret was hitting her for not bringing a jacket however she knew once she was drunk it wouldn't matter.

The bass from the speakers below seemed to make the floor beneath them shake. Lola knew how packed tonight was going to be she had scanned the lounge that was teeming with kids from school, recognizing a couple of faces.

It didn't seem like they were going to have much luck finding seating upstairs. "Yeah let's go downstairs! They have a bar down there too." Lola shouted over the bass line of a song.

Jake leaned back against a wall, his hand wrapped around the neck of the beer bottle. He tipped it back setting the bottle on the tray of a waitress who tried to squeeze through the packed lounge with tray full of empty glasses.

He wasn't really sure why he had agreed to go out. Which was odd, for Jake when last year at this time he was in and out of bars or clubs even in high school he was sneaking into places to drink and have fun with his friends.

His freshman year had been a roller coaster ride to say the least. All of the things he did and the introduction of Evelyn and her friends into his life had him experiencing and doing things he never thought he would do. From his 24 hour marriage to Evelyn and his fake relationship, turned real relationship, and co-raising Nova together

A fond smile crosses his features when he thinks of the beagle for a moment. He had kind of regret discarding his beer in that moment.

Earlier in the year he had experienced something so horrible, that he was having a hard time bouncing back from it. It seemed like Lola and Seth were willing to forgive him for his actions knowing it wasn't him, but he couldn't really forgive himself for what he had done. Especially with all the things that he had tried to do and had done to Evelyn.

Jake felt a faint pounding behind his eyes, maybe a headache? He had gone to Europe for the summer visiting his family in Barcelona being back home had made him feel better helped ease a bit of the pain. Thanks to social media he knew how Evelyn had been in Europe remembering how he asked her to meet him in Barcelona and when she hadn't been there, he had been a bit upset but overall understood her reasons to ignore him.

Dealing with his mood and his bipolar disorder when Jake came home he began taking his medication regularly and even though he had been against it started seeing his therapist again. He wanted to move on from what happened to start living his life normally again. He found himself going back to Brooklyn to start boxing again and he ran into one of his old teammates from his rugby days at his gym.

Jake started playing again, boxing again. The sports helping with keeping his temper at bay. Seth had asked him to join him for a night out and he refused again. Images still plagued him about the things he had done, the people he had hurt. The pain he caused his friends.

He threw himself into school, had been playing sports and going to see his therapist. Jake kept himself busy using school, and getting a new job and his sports to as excuses to not go out and usually by the end of the day he was so tired he would usually fall asleep.

He wasn't really up to do much of the partying, at least not yet.

However his rugby teammates had texted him, kept pestering him to come out. He was at Vudu ignoring the feeling of uneasiness he felt being here when he knew one of the incidents with Evelyn happened just months ago. The beer had been helping he felt a subtle buzz from the drink, his teammate Jae had stumbled towards him.

Despite having a few inches over Jake, the boy was kind of a lightweight. His dark eyes disappearing into crescents as a lazy grin pulled on his features, Jae wrapped his arms around Jake's shoulders. "Jaaaakeeeee." He slurred.

Jake chuckled feeling Jae's alcohol breath on his cheek they hadn't even been here that long and he was already hammered. "Jaeeee." He matched his drawl reaching over and ruffling his teammates freshly dyed cherry red hair.

A dare he didn't think Jae would go through with but he proved them all wrong when he showed up with it the next practice.

"Heeey man..." Jae swatted Jake's hand away from his hair. "Listen. I am out of drinks. Can you get me some more?" He asked widening his eyes much like Nova would when he wanted more treats.

Jake snorted rolling his eyes, pulling himself out of Jae's embrace. "Yeah, yeah, put the eyes away. I'll be right back."

"You the man Jake!" Jae winked at him, as Jake made his way through the crowd heading to the bar he had to cross the dance floor to get to it.

Jake had been glad he worn a t-shirt tonight instead of opting for a button down shirt that he had pulled out earlier the club was hot even by normal standards he thought. He had managed to squeeze himself into the bar waiting to flag down the bar tender to get more drinks for his team.

Cheerful-Panda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Evelyn nodded, following Lola toward the stairs and maneuvering carefully down them past a particularly annying group of people that decided to park itself midway down.

As they walked, Evelyn checked her phone. Carrie Schikovsky, an old friend and fellow NYU student, had informed her she'd be coming along and would meet them at Vudu.

"Carrie's here," Evelyn informed the others. And then pulled a face when she read the rest of Carrie's text and realized she'd be bringing her roommate. Unlike Evelyn, Carrie tended to befriend every random thing that came her way. "Let's grab -- look, that table's opening up."

She weaved around a couple immersed in canoodling with each other just off the dance floor, and gained the emptied table just seconds before a blond girl showed up.

Hell no, bitch. Evelyn tossed her purse, landing it in the booth before the other girl could get there. 

"Sorry, this is occupied," she said sweetly. She arched her eyebrows and promptly sat herself down, shoving her purse onto the seat beside her. "Good try," she remarked, lips twitching as the blond gave her a dirty look and left.

Evelyn allowed herself to smile as she dropped her coat beside herself. Ashlee and Lola caught up with her, and she widened her eyes at her roommates. "Hey look, this one just happened to be open." Sliding out of the booth, she straightened, more than ready to get out to the dance floor. But a little buzz wouldn't hurt. "Anyone want a drink?"

Carrie, dressed in a black full-sleeved dress and short boots, watched with some disinterest as her roommate stopped, yet again, to examine the guy she was here to stalk. Expelling a breath, Carrie checked her phone again, noting what table Evelyn had said she'd be at, and then resumed walking slowly, figuring if she sped up, she'd lose the girl with her. Rue was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and she was also easily distracted by anything with a dick. 

Unfortunately, that was a problem in a place like this. Eventually, though, Carrie managed to lead Rue downstairs and toward the table Evelyn, Ashlee and Lola were occupying at.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheerful-Panda Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Ashlee watched as Evelyn declared the table for them, she covered her mouth with her hand to stifle a laugh escaping her throat as she watched the blonde girl huff off from losing a table.

Ashlee grinned when she heard about Carrie was showing up. They had bonded on the yacht together and she had loved the blonde's presence whenever she showed up to hang out with them. "Awesome, tonight can only get better."

Lola flashed a thumbs up at Evelyn, she really liked Carrie the girl was something else. She knew how fun and outgoing the blonde was.

Both girls nodded enthusiastically to the promise of alcohol. "Yes please!" They chimed in unison.

Lola glanced to the bar, it was just as crowded as the rest of the place she looked to Evelyn. "Need someone to go with you or you wanna go on your own?" She asked.

Cheerful-Panda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:23 pm

Evelyn's response was a grin. "If it's shots we're doing, I can grab them on my own." 

Truth be told, she wasn't really looking to do more than a couple shots. Just something to get the blood flowing before she hit the dance floor. She wasn't looking to get hammered tonight. And not just becasue she figured the other girls would be, but also because the last time she'd gotten totally wasted, she'd ended up married. And losing her virginity.

That kind of thing tended to tame a girl's spirit for liquor. 

She wound her way around the edge of the dance floor, heading for the bar. She could feel eyes on her, tracing down her bare legs, as she walked, but she didn't lift her head to look at the drunk, leering college boys nearby.

Tonight wasn't for the boys. Tonight, she was just here with the girls, and she really didn't feel like changing that anytime soon.

Maybe it was the aftermath of her disastrous love life last year, but Evelyn found herself withdrawing from the dating game at a time when she really had no reason to. She was having to force herself just to go on a date or two in the last couple months. She felt drained just thinking of the effort it took to do more than casually flirt with a guy. Forget actually following up and dating him. She preferred immersing herself in class and the part-time job she picked up in September. And spending her time with her girlfriends, of course. 

In truth, she was doing everything to distract herself so her mind wouldn't go places it had no business going. 

She could hear a few conversations more clearly as she gained the bar. Even despite the music blaring overhead, she heard a pair of girls giggling next to her. They were talking about the upcoming formal. Evelyn heaved a breath and tuned out.

The winter formal was fast approaching; it was only a month away, and here she was, pretending it didn't exist, that nobody around her was planning dresses already. As far as she was concerned, she had no time for the formal; her exams were only three weeks after it. Not to mention, the memory of last year's formal was entirely too fresh in her mind. And there were no good memories associated with it.

"Evelyn!" a voice called.

Evelyn glanced over her shoulder at Carrie. "Hey! I'm grabbing drinks. Ash and Lola are right across the room." She pointed them out. "I'll be right back."

Carrie glanced at her roommate, who was now eyeing a dark-haired guy seated at the counter right behind Evelyn. 

Carrie squinted. Maybe it was the messy hair that gave him away, but she thought he looked oddly familiar. But she couldn't tell if that was a certain Spaniard from the back, so she said nothing. It probably was some other dude. What were the chances Jake would be here?

Reaching out a hand to pivot Rue toward Ashlee, Carrie glanced back at Evelyn, who was waiting with an impatient frown for some beefy guy in front of her to finish his drink order. Carrie nudged her playfully, deciding to distract the brunette before Evelyn decided she no longer wanted to wait.

"Lots of cute guys here tonight, huh?" she said meaningfully. 

Evelyn snorted as she finally reached the front. Her tone was wry. "I feel like I have a better chance if I go hang out in the business department. Maybe I can snag myself a rich dudebro with a trust fund so I can finally become the trophy wife I aspire to be."

"Christ, Daria," Carrie muttered. She turned away to go to the table. 

Evelyn stepped forward and finally got her turn at the bartender. Flashing her fake ID, she leaned on the bar and asked for a round of shots, reaching one slim hand up to comb wayward strands of burnished-brown hair out of her face. Under the bright lights behind the bar, the red undertones of her hair gleamed. 

Carrie made her way to the girls' table, finding and then losing her roommate. 

Oh well, she'd tried.

"Hey ladies," she greeted Lola and Ashlee. "Way to bring the Grinch. I thought we were here to scout cute guys, but Ev just rained all over that parade. As usual."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheerful-Panda Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:04 pm

They watched Evelyn slink off to get drinks as Carrie made her way over to them with her friend in tow. Lola laughed at her remark about Evelyn. "Listen she seemed fine before we left."

Ashlee let out an exasperated sigh, she knew her best friend wasn't into the whole casual hooking up aspect of college life but it did not mean she had to ruin any potential prospects for her and Carrie. That was just against the rules of feminism.

"Listen Carrie, as your friend and Evelyn's. I will make sure Evelyn does not screw up anymore potential chances of us getting laid." Ashlee vowed, blue eyes flashing with determination as she scanned the club for potential candidates.

Jake huffed, narrowing his eyes at the bartenders who caught Jake's gaze and quickly shuffled past him. Jake figured at this rate he could have made his own alcohol or hopped over the bar and served his own drinks. However he wasn't looking to hear his friends complain about him getting thrown out.

He looked around the club seeing if he could spot any of them, he managed to spot Jae again. However with his red hair he was a bit of beacon even under the dim lights of the lounge. He was leaning against the wall, a girl draping herself all over him.

Jake's other teammates were scattered elsewhere. Jake half wondered if they would notice if he left. He disliked this version of himself. After how everything had panned out between him and Evelyn, he wasn't really into putting too much energy into flirting with girls or hooking up.

He did every now and then, he wasn't completely celibate that was unrealistic even in his current emotional state he still managed to hook up every now and then, but they were a bit far and in between.

Running a hand through his hair, Jake tapped his fingers on the bar, he had already been here longer than he had planned to be and his patience was thinning . "Man who's leg do I have to hump to get a shot around here?"

Cheerful-Panda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:37 pm

"Ashlee," Carrie said, sitting down, reaching across the table and gripping Ashlee's hand like she was drowning. "You are my hero. Marry me and let's ditch that redheaded slut and run away."

Evelyn had half-smiled to herself as Carrie walked off, clearly disgusted with her. What, Evelyn wondered, was so wrong about just wanting to focus on herself for once and not on securing some boy toy?

She heaved a sigh, despite herself. It was barely noticeable, but she could feel herself reerting slowly back to the girl she'd been before she'd come to New York City. Maybe the events of the previous year had shaken her more than she'd realized, but she found it easier to close herself off - a habit she was so used to by now, it felt familiar sinking back into that again. Where was the easygoing girl she'd slowly become over the past year?

Evelyn braced herself on an elbow against the bar, idly scanning the guys leaning over it. A couple of them, she thought almost grudgingly, were actually kind of hot. She wondered how much time it would take to get them to follow her back to the table. Ashlee and Carrie would probably stopped complaining if she showed up with Ken Dolls Un and Deux.

Nah, she thought. She couldn't do this without some liquor in her veins. It suddenly seemed like too much work.

Someone seated right beside her shifted. She felt his elbow jostle her slightly, and then a heard a curt comment.

Despite herself, Evelyn's first instinct was to laugh. 

The second instinct was horror. The din of the crowded dance floor seemed to fade out as her heartbeat began pounding in her ears. Evelyn's amusement drained immediately, and her stomach sank.

She recognized that voice. 

Evelyn didn't turn toward him. She closed her eyes, as if by blocking Jake out of her sight would make him go away. Considering she was standing right next to his barstool, she doubted this would work, but if there was a god up there, she hoped he'd take pity on her. Maybe some buxom blonde would show up and distract the Spaniard until Evelyn could sidle away. The thought made her want to gag.

Why? Why did he have to be here? Weren't there a million other pool lounges he could have gone to? Finding Jake in the middle of a crowded lounge, undoubtedly alongside his stupid horny friends and drunk bimbos ranked pretty damn low on her list. She didn't want to know what he did on his nights out. Or who.

The bartender had yet to bring her drinks. Frustrated, feeling her mood come crashing immediately, Evelyn took a step back slowly, hoping Jake would keep on grumbling to himself. 

The bartender showed up just then, except this was a different guy who finally turned to Jake. "What can I get ya?" He glanced at Evelyn standing inches away. "Oh, your drinks are on their way, sweetheart. We're just a little shorthanded."

She nodded mutely, nor daring to speak.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheerful-Panda Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:10 pm

Ashlee held Carrie's hand, placing her other hand over her chest. "I would want nothing more than to run away with a beautiful tall blonde like yourself, but my loyalty is with Ev."

Lola shook her head. "You're both ridiculous." As she watched the conversation between the two unfold. "Evelyn isn't that bad." Lola lamented, she felt bad the girl wasn't even here to defend herself from her friends theatrics.

"Finally." Jake grumbled, relieved to see that another bartender had come on duty. He ordered a round of shots for his friends, and whiskey for himself.

Jake was a bit relieved to see that there was another bartender on duty. He wondered if his friends were even still here. He knew Jae was flirting with some girl but he was beginning to think his other teammates ditched him, or probably were hooking up in some corner or dancing. Either way, he was not about to down 10 shots himself.

Well his old self would have, but he just wasn't up for it tonight. Jake turned in his seat to see if he could at least spot Jae, when he turned he froze when he saw who was standing behind him.

Jake's eyes widened looking down at Evelyn, he almost laughed what were the chances they would both end up at the same place, on the same night.

It wasn't that he didn't see Evelyn, she lived with his best friend. Sure Jake would visit, their exchanges were civil. As far as other outings the two of them had done a pretty good job maintaining distance between them. Since neither of them were ever good at keeping their exchanges platonic.

His eyes took her in, she was brave to be out in the cold clad in shorts and sandals. Although he had seen other girls in more revealing outfits, he wasn't exactly opposed to what he was seeing. Jake wasn't sure what to do, should he talk to her? Act like he didn't see her?

Well that option was out the window, he was gaping at her like a goldfish out of water. Jake picked his jaw up off the floor, swallowing the lump in his throat trying to ignore the way he was taking a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

Jake shook his head, mustering up a small smile. "Uh, hey, Evelyn." He greeted her, his hand reaching to rub the back of his neck out of nervousness.

Why are you acting like an idiot, it's Evelyn???

Cheerful-Panda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:45 pm

Carrie shook her head, sitting back and drumming her fingers on the table. "If you must know, she has cockblocked me like three times last month. She nearly made this one guy cry because she berated his terrible dance moves so hard, he never danced again that night. And probably will never dance again."

She shook her head, her amusement fading a little. "I kind of wish she'd go back to her wonderfully slutty self again like last year. Or even when she was wi--" Carrie paused, clearing her throat. "Anyway, Lola, where's your shadow?" she asked with a smirk. 

Evelyn tried not to flinch when Jake turned in his seat to face her. But she felt her shoulders stiffen, felt her rapidly beating heart seem to brace itself as if afraid of an onslaught. Her gaze took its slow time to lift off the floor and meet his.

She had to remind herself that this was nothing unusual. She'd been around Jake plenty since they'd silently and mutually agreed to call it quits, unfortunately because their group of friends tended to hang out often. Whatever Ashlee might have felt toward Jake, she seemed to have no problem with the Moretti twins or even Seth. Which meant many a night out with the guys where Evelyn stuck to Ashlee's side and didn't say more a hi to Jake.

Mutual acquaintances did not, after all, have lengthy conversations. Because that was what he was supposed to be. 

She forced her lips to curl in a benign smile. Like seeing him here wasn't slowly ruining her night. "Hey." Predictably, Jake didn't look too thrilled to see her either, but like her, he seemed to be remembering his manners.

Gnawing her lower lip, Evelyn paused. Thought for a moment while her eyes strayed away to the bar. Anywhere off of him, really. She forced herself to speak around a lump in her throat. "Nice coincidence, huh? 'Cause we don't see each other enough already."

The bartender appeared at that moment, bearing a tray of shots, and she was so happy, she could have kissed him. If he wasn't about her dad's age, that is. She stepped forward to stand beside Jake's barstool again, taking the tray from the man carefully, keeping her eyes on the tiny shotglasses like she was worried about spilling them. Her long hair swept forward across her shoulders as she moved, curtaining her face at least for the moment. Long enough for her to swallow and clear her throat.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheerful-Panda Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:35 am

"Ah come on, you know how Ev is. She just wants to make sure we don't go home with losers." Ashlee defended her best friends avoidance tactics. Although she felt like Evelyn still might have struggled with the whole the guy doesn't have to be in the Ivy League for them to sleep with.

Ashlee wasn't looking for her future husband in these places she was just looking to have fun. She understood her friend's concern though.

Lola bit down on her lip to refrain from the comment made about her best friend. She chose to ignore it she knew Carrie hadn't probably meant any harm by it but things were awkward enough around the two ever since well... everything.

She could feel her cheeks heat up at Carrie's little pet name for Ashton, Lola played with the dyed ends of her hair a smile flashing across her features when she thought about him. "Ashton's other friends asked him out tonight so he's with them. Seth and Tony were devastated of course but Ashton needs a bring from them too he does live with them."

Lola and Ashton well, they didn't really label their relationship. She liked him, he liked her. They didn't want to complicate anything. They just sort of fell together really, always being the ones to have to guard their friends from their own stupidity behaving like parents to their friend group, somewhere in all of the insanity she just found herself drawn to him.

Jake watched Evelyn, the way she bit on her lip. He knew this was as awkward for her as it was for him. He wished they could move past this stage but he wasn't sure if they could. He didn't want to test his boundaries when everything between them was still so...

He tried to ignore the way his heart was beating loudly in his ears, nodding slowly at her remark. He chuckled. "Uh yeah, I feel like maybe we see each other too much."

Jake was cringing internally he hoped i wasn't present on his features, he watched Evelyn as she tried to balance the tray of shots. "Hey do you need--"

"JAKE!"

He turned his head to the side where he saw his friend red headed friend making his way through the crowd to join them at the bar.

"Hey man." Jake greeted his friend with a lazy grin.

Jae beamed at Jake, wrapping his long limbs around his shoulder. "Dudeee, where have you been?."

Jake  snorted, his friend reached down further mussing Jake's dark hair. The younger boy had always been very affectionate. He pulled his hand back when he spotted Evelyn at the bar attempting to balance the tray his eyes widened.

"Ooooh do you need help?" Jae asked Evelyn.

Jake tried to conceal a snicker his friend was a too drunk to be helping anyone and he was sure Evelyn would probably shoot him down, but Jae for the most part was harmless he was like an overgrown puppy.

"Jae you're too drunk to help anyone, especially Evelyn." Jake replied.

His red headed friend blinked his deep brown eyes at Evelyn and then back at Jake. "Oooooh you know her?? She's really pretty." Jae grinned taking a moment to look Evelyn over.

"Hi Evelyn, I'm Jae Park. You and I both have long legs in common but yours look a lot better in those sandals than mine would." Jae added that last part as an afterthought really.

Jake's shoulders were shaking with mirth he nudged his friend in the side with his elbow to get him release him from his grip. "That's enough Jae, I'll find you later. Round up the guys will you?"

Jae put on a serious expression saluting Jake. "Aye, aye captain. He turned to Evelyn again giving her a polite smile."It was nice meeting you!" He said turning before disappearing into the crowd again.

He rolled his eyes but snickered. "Ah, sorry about that. He's really harmless."

Jake cleared his throat. "But I mean if you need help I don't mind, it looks like at this rate I won't be getting anymore drinks." He offered to help her he figured that was a good thing right? Being civil meant helping with a tray of drinks right?

Cheerful-Panda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Carrie watched Lola's face grow into a smile and glanced at Ashlee with a grin. "Aw, look at her face."

She hadn't gotten to know the twins as much as Evelyn and Ashlee, but she'd hung out with them enough to be able to pick up on the very obvious fact that Lola was dating one of them. Fortunately for everyone else, Lola and Ashton didn't seem to have much enthusiasm for PDA. Not unlike a certain other pairing Carrie could name, but she knew better than to bring that up.

It wasn't that Evelyn would react badly if someone mentioned her previous relationship (and the way it went out with a bang). She seemed completely unresponsive whenever Jake was brought up in conversation, like his name meant nothing to her. If anything, Evelyn seemed content to pretend nothing had never happened, like she and Jake had really just met this year because he was Lola's friend and she was Lola's roommate.

But Carrie called bullshit on this silly pretense. She had been there when Jake had dropped her and Evelyn off at the hotel they'd be staying at after the school year let out, before they flew to Seattle. She had been there the last time Evelyn and Jake had actually spoken more than three words to each other in person, on a cold day at the beach not too far from here. And she suspected they'd decided it was just easier to not hang out with each other after it became way too apparent they could never really keep their hands off each other.

And now they were supposedly strangers?

Thinking of Evelyn, Carrie realized it had been a while. "I'm gonna go find Lyn," she informed the other two. "With that girl, you never know what the fuck she's gotten herself into." Knowing Evelyn's general short temper, it could be a lot of things, most of them liable to get her kicked out.

She got to her feet and made her way across the crowded floor to the bar, swaying a little in tune with the beat blaring through the room as she went.

Evelyn had already realized she'd made another mistake. How was she supposed to carry this damn tray across a crowded room filled with inebriated college kids? If she didn't manage to drop this thing on somebody's lap midway, that would be a feat.

Maybe shots were a bad call. She carefully set the tray back down, biting the inside of her cheek in frustration. The fact that Jake was sitting inches away from her did nothing to improve her mood.

She glanced up as he began to speak, feeling herself tense almost reflexively. Then she felt stupid. It wasn't like he was going to bite, Jesus. Even if he happened to have a penchant for that.

Before he could finish whatever he was going to say, another voice broke in, approximately two hundred decibels too loud for her current state of mind.

Thank God, she thought. Anything was better than having to force small talk with Jake Salazar. Or small talk in general, really.

Evelyn glanced up despite herself, seeing some red-haired kid drape himself off Jake with the kind of slithering grace possessed only by the very trashed.

The guy was clearly a friend of Jake's. Evelyn glanced up at him somewhat curiously as he addressed her. She had heard Lola mention something about Jake going to Brooklyn more often but had forcefully tuned herself out, but she figured he would be hanging around people who weren't his crazy roommates.

She gave a polite smile in response to Jae's compliment, amused despite herself. If being around Jake hadn't made her so edgy, she might have even laughed. Happy drunks could be just the thing to brighten a glum night sometimes.

She nodded at Jae before he walked off, then realized she was once more faced with the prospect of awkward conversation with the Spaniard. Where is this damned bartender with his damn drinks?

At Jake's offer of help, she hesitated, glancing down at her tray and then reluctantly up at him. She would have liked to say no, but he was being polite here, so she really had no room to do otherwise. Evelyn glanced down at the tray and ran her tongue across her teeth.

"I --" Before she could say anything further, she felt someone shove her sideways and she stumbled. Evelyn grabbed hold of the nearest thing to balance herself and glanced up, her courtesy melting as aggravation darkened her eyes.

A guy who couldn't have been much older than her, the reek of beer wafting off his breath, leaned onto the counter beside her, ramming himself into her space as he began calling loudly for the bartender.

Evelyn opened her mouth furiously, and then glanced down, realizing entirely too late she had braced her hand on Jake's knee, and he was now bearing most of her weight. This, she reflected, yanking her hand back and straightening, was probably better than toppling onto his lap.

Except now she was stuck standing way too close, her thigh pressing against the leg he had propped on the barstool footrest.

She could feel her cheeks burning, and she kept her eyes on the bar, afraid to look at him. "Sorry," she muttered. "Wasn't looking to make friends with him quite that fast, but I don't think we get a say here."

Feeling like her poor nerves could only take so much of this sober, she leaned forward and picked up a shot glass, handing it to Jake before he could say anything. She would much rather distract him with booze than confront what was happening. She picked up a shot and forced herself to look up at him. Her expression, she hoped, didn't betray her internal panic as she said coolly. "I have a better solution for this." With nonchalance she didn't feel, she clinked her shot glass to his and threw it back.

The vodka burned its way through her, and she winced, setting her glass back on the bar. Her hand grabbed another almost immediately, and she ignored the drunk guy still bouncing on her other side.

The faster she downed these damn things, the easier she'd be able to pretend Jake wasn't rattling her. And the sooner she'd be able to carry the tray across the room.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheerful-Panda Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Lola tried her best to cover her face with her hand. Stupid Ashton making her acting like a sap in front of her friends. Ashlee reached over pinching the brunette's cheek and she swatted Ashlee's hand away.

Ashlee nodded. "Yeah go find her, me and Lola will guard the table."

Jake instinctively reached for Evelyn when she stumbled into him. He had his hands on her waist in attempts to steady her nearly falling into his lap. He almost laughed at the situation, it was like they were coded to keep ending up in these kinds of positions.

He felt her hand brush his knee and her thigh on his leg he swore he could feel his body buzzing from the contact. He hated the way he still reacted towards her this way. Jake tried to keep a neutral expression on his face when she began to step back he dropped his hands to his sides.

Taking a deep breath he averted his eyes briefly watching her straighten, when he flicked his eyes back to her opening his mouth to ask if Evelyn was okay she was handing him a shot from her tray.

With a raised eyebrow he watched Evelyn throw back her shots from her tray. He felt his lips twitch in amusement when he noticed Evelyn's clear expression of disgust from taking shots, something he thought was still pretty funny considering many of the nights he had seen her down alcohol.

Jake shrugged, taking the glass he tipped it back the familiar burn of the vodka hitting his throat, settling in his stomach. A smirk ghosted his features. "Wow, didn't know you could take shots of straight vodka like a champ there Re-- Evelyn." He quickly corrected himself.

Cheerful-Panda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Carrie skirted around gyrating couples and finally drew near the bar, spotting the distinct reddish-bronze hair she was seeking. The blond moved forward, about to call out and see if Evelyn needed help, but then her eyes shifted to the left and she blinked. 

Evelyn seemed to have reached the bar, but she wasn't alone. She was leaning sideways, as if avoiding the hulking frat boy to her right. One of her hands was braced against the guy on her other side, whom Carrie had thought she recognized earlier, and he had his arm about her waist in a gesture that looked entirely too friendly given what the current standing of their relationship was supposed to be.

Jake Salazar, you sly dog, Carrie thought, lips twitching into a smile. Her hand flew to her purse. In an instant, she had her phone out. And even as the redhead was straightening away from Jake and he was drawing his hands back, Carrie's camera shutter had clicked.

Busted. Carrie snorted softly to herself. Whatever silly game Jake and Evelyn thought they were playing, they had just slipped up. 

Carrie pivoted on her stilettos, walking back to the table. Her was was still smug as she sat down across from Ashlee and Lola. 

"So, I found Ev. She looked real busy though, so I left her to it." As she spoke, Carrie slid her phone across the table to show the other two what kind of busy Evelyn was. "You might know this guy, Lola," she added cheerfully. "Tall, dark, bad liar." 

Evelyn was no such pro at taking shots. She was, however, a pro at ignoring things she'd rather pretend weren't happening.

Like the fact that she was still stuck pressed right up against Jake, and that her entire body was entirely too aware of his proximity. That he'd had his hands on her only seconds ago. The Neanderthal on her right refused to move as he yelled his order at the bartender that had just shown up, and then, to her dismay, sat down on the barstool next to Jake, effectively trapping the brunette between him and the Spaniard.

Who did I wrong? Evelyn asked whatever god was listening. She set down her second shot glass a little heavily. The buzz was starting to hit her already. 

Maybe it was just the frustration building up inside her at the fact that she now had to contend with Jake's presence here - on a night she'd wanted to be able to forget him adn enjoy herself -- but she couldn't quite stop the cold response that left her lips.

"Because you don't know me, Jake," she said, her tone impassive. She didn't look at him as she reached over, taking his emptied shot glass and ensuring she didn't touch his hand as she did. "And I don't know you, remember?"

The drunk moron on her right side jostled her shoulder as he shifted. Evelyn steeled her shoulders, refusing to be budged. It was almost a good thing Jake was here to distract her; she had no brain cells free to be pissed about anything else.

She set down Jake's emptied shot glass and grabbed another, shoving it into his hand and ignoring the buzz left behind as his fingers touched hers. Glancing up at Jake, she smiled, the same fake smile she'd given him the first time they'd met. It didn't reach her cool green eyes. 

"Though I do know you're a lot more attractive when you're not talking," she said curtly, then picked up her third shot and threw it back, shuddering as she forced it down her throat. Was she being rude? Probably. She just wanted to stop this conversation before it continued. And she wanted to leave.

That was five shots, leaving five on the tray. She could carry those.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheerful-Panda Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Ashlee and Lola both perked their heads up when Carrie returned, Ashlee raised a dark eyebrow when she heard the blonde mention her best friend. Evelyn had found someone at the bar? Is that why she had been taking so long to come back? Although she couldn't say she was too disappointed she was happy to know if Evelyn had found someone even mildly interesting enough to engage in conversation with on one of the biggest drink days of the year.

Lola tilted her head at Carrie's remark, looking down at the phone when she slid it across the table. Her eyes widened to the size of mini swimming pools, hand covering her mouth to hide her gasp. Was that, Jake???

"Jake?!" However her mouth was quick to react picking up the phone to really examine the photo.

Ashlee's eyes narrowed at the mention of the Spainard. She hoped they could go one outing without having to mention his name. She knew it was Lola's best friend and she was civil towards him mostly, but it didn't mean she wanted to hear about him. Ashlee peered over Lola's shoulder to look at the photo.

Evelyn looked to be leaning towards Jake, his hand on her waist. Lola set the phone down running a hand through her hair she knew that he was going out with his other friends tonight but she had expected him to be back home not here with Evelyn, was this some sort of cover up?

Lola knew about their roller coaster of a relationship. For the most part the two of them acted like the other didn't exist. Whenever Jake would visit the apartment to hang out, Evelyn would be at the library "studying" and outright avoid him, and Jake wouldn't really go out of his way to talk to Evelyn other than small talk.

"So what exactly does this mean?" Ashlee asked what Lola had been thinking.

Ashlee hadn't been too fond of Jake after the whole incident he and his best friend had. But she kept her thoughts to herself she didn't want to offend Lola who she did like, however she wasn't really too thrilled but she was trying not to jump the gun. Those two had the tendency to get themselves in compromising positions.

Jake watched as Evelyn downed her shots, clearly they shared the same sentiment both uncomfotable about how close they were to each other physically right now. Clearly she wore her discomfort a little more obviously than he did, although he wasn't exactly being as smooth as he would like to believe he was.

He watched her take his empty shot glass from his hand, thrusting another one into his grip, he swirled the contents of the shot for a moment watching her down them thinking the more she drank the more she could forget he was there, her hands brushed his for a moment her skin soft against his rough hands and he wanted to forget that familiar feeling altogether.

A humorless laugh escaped his throat at Evelyn's remark, he shrugged. "I guess you're right I don't know you." Licking his lips he took the shot setting the empty glass down on the bar.

He wanted to ignore the jab she made about him being more attractive when he didn't speak. Jake snorted. "There's the old Evelyn charm everyone loves so much."

Cheerful-Panda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down