New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Starbucks - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Starbucks - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Starbucks - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Starbucks - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Starbucks - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Starbucks - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Starbucks - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Starbucks - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Starbucks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Starbucks

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Jacob grinned, "Only for you mi amor." Although his term of fake endearment wasn't going to last very long since he noticed Evelyn decided to slow down the grains of time just to pay him four bucks.

He clicked his tongue and shrugged answering her question, "I don't know might just dump him off on my folks. At least someone could walk him or something, but until I think of something he might stick around for a few days longer."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Evelyn finally placed two one dollar bills on the counter and then resumed her search-for-Atlantis search for two more. She flashed Jake a polite smile when she caught the twitching of his jaw. "You mean he'll stick around with me, huh?"

"Hurry up!" the teenager behind her whined. "Before that creepo gets over here."

Evelyn looked around alarmed. The "creepo" frat boy and his other friend were sauntering up toward them, and she didn't doubt they'd butt into line. She bit the inside of her cheek and turned away. She'd forgotten her mace when she'd emptied out her backpack for Nova. But she still had her steaming latte. She wondered if Jake would mind her starting a drinks fight in here.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:37 pm

"Maybe you, or Lo, whoever is around. In all honesty though someone only needs to watch him when I'm at work. I can handle it the days I have classes, and no offense Evelyn but you should hurry up, last thing I need is getting fired on the account of your slowness. How else do you expect for me to pay for all those fancy dinners I take you out on." He winked at her, but he also noticed the group of weirdos who had wandered in here too approaching the register.

He kept his eye on them for now, because the girl behind Evelyn sounded a bit freaked out by them, although Jacob had to admit he hadn't seen any of these idiots around before.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Evelyn followed hi gaze to teh goons behind her. "Must be game season or something," she commented, dropping the rest of the money on the counter. She looked up to tell the girl behind her to step up and place her order - and the frat boy who had been staring at her the whole time was now standing just behind the freaked out teenager. He made a crude gesture, something along the lines of "come here and I'll show you fun". Evelyn had seen it before and she bit her tongue so hard she tasted blood. Her fingers tightened on the cup of java.

But she didn't honestly want Jake fired. She wasn't that cruel. He had, after all, stuck up for her with James. She relaxed her grip on her latte, turned to Jake and gestured for him to lean down so the frat idiot wouldn't hear her.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:44 pm

Jacob gave the freaked out girl her drink so she could make a quick exit, she didn't even bother to take her change she just wanted to get out of there. He saw Evelyn motion for him to lean in so he did just that, "Um yes?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Evelyn kept one eye on the girl as one of the frat boys followed the teenager with his eyes. He whispered something to a friend beside him and both boys smirked. Evelyn's gut clenched.

She swung around, realized the remaining creep was now right behind her in line, dangerously close to touching her, and she made an instant decision, leaning over the counter and using Jake's collar to tug him closer. It was either this or her latte in the creep's face, but Evelyn lost her nerve at the last second and changed tracks, pressing a chaste kiss to Jake's cheek before she let go, saying loud enough for the idiot behind her to hear, "I'll see you in a bit, mon amant."

Hopefully the thug would take that to mean she wasn't going home alone. She did, after all, have a lengthy trip to Wall Street and she didn't fancy getting assaulted on her first day to work.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Jake instinctively wiped his cheek like a child after Evelyn had kissed him, he felt his cheeks getting warm, he never had this happen, most girls would just wink or smile at him or blow him kisses but never actually kiss him on the cheek. Although he had to admit whatever she said to him French was hot, although he figured he couldn't let her leave without him saying goodbye to her properly.

Evelyn was his fake girlfriend after all.

He grabbed Evelyn's arm gently leaning over the counter he said just loud enough for her and those idiots to hear, "Well mi amor let me give you something to have until I see you again." He pulled her in planting a soft kiss on her lips.

Ah crap I'm probably gonna get her swine flu...

He pulled away slowly, and whispered into her ear, "Hasta esta noche mi amore."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:43 pm

#%!$! was the only thing hurtling through Evelyn's mind. She clenched her eyes shut to control the burning ache to swing at Jake in the middle of Starbucks. That would kind of tip off the frat boy behind her, who was now already edging away.

Her face and lips were warm, either in rage or as a stinging reminder, she wasn't sure. Jake's breath tickled her ear and she pulled free of him quickly, fighting down the urge to wipe the taste of him off her lips. What the hell happened to having better things to do than pretend? The prick was getting even with her and he'd gotten it. Good. And she wasn't even talking about him being an experienced kisser.

Worst part was, he had to include a sexual innuendo in his words. That jackass.

Evelyn bit the inside of her cheek, deciding now would be a good time to run like hell. She didn't see any way of getting back at Jake without subjecting herself to his Spanish Lover tactics. In public.

"Right," she muttered as she stepped out of Jake's arm's reach, toward the door, feeling her cheeks flare redder, wishing she had Listrine handy so she could eradicate all Jake-germs from her mouth. "Later."

Before Jake could open his God-damned mouth, she pushed past a large group of people and all but flew out the exit. She decided she was going to get Nova from Lola right after work so she'd have good reason to bait Jake into coming within revenge-reach of her.

[[Evelyn to Wall Street]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Jacob waved at Evelyn winking as she walked out, he laughed to himself he knew he'd hear it from her later but he didn't care.

Jake went back to work but before doing so he saw those creeps still there.

"Hey if you're not getting anything then get lost." Jake said to the creeps.

He checked his watch realzing he was getting off in a bit and he was so ready to bail.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:03 am

[[Ashlee and Evelyn from Around Campus]]

Ashlee pulled open the doors to Starbucks leaving it open for Evelyn watching her walk in behind her.

The scent of coffee wafted in the air hitting her nose.

She glanced at the two boys behind the counter and back at Evelyn.

"Who are we looking for?"She asked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:10 am

Evelyn blinked, giving the two boys a onceover. "He's not here," she muttered, disappointed. God knew her shitty lovelife needed a redux.

She got into line by the ocunter, turning to Ashlee. "He had dark hair, sort of sun-streaked. And he had that whole male model thing going on, like he'd lost his way to a catwalk." She grimaced. "Jake distracted me last time I was here so I only caught a glimpse of the guy. But hell, these two aren't so bad." She tilted her bronze head towards the counter, where a tall blond and a brunet worked busily.

She glanced down at the FB chat on her phone, which she'd been holding in her hand. She was asking Jake where exactly Eric would be on a Monday. From there, it had somehow gone onto how she'd scare the kid off.

Evelyn felt a wave of the same feeling that had caused her to go "nice" earlier. She shook her head. The Spaniard was an asshole. She put her phone in her pocket, trying to shove away her disappointment and anger.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:29 am

Danny hummed to the song playing over the speakers, and caught the two cute girls conversation about his co-worker and friend Eric.

He nudged Eric, "Hey dude these girls are talking about you." He winked.

Eric looked up from cleaning the coffee pots, at the raven haired girl, and the bronzed hair one.

He punched Danny in the arm, "Don't listen to him, he spends too much time around clubs playing, his brain is filled with smoke."

"My head is smoking because you two are, can I help you girls?" Danny smirked, his dark green eyes twinkled.

Ashlee giggled, smiling filratously at Danny, "I'm Ashlee, and this is my friend Evelyn."

"Enchante ladies, I'm Danny, and this is Eric. Just like it says on our name tags."He grinned.

Eric shook his head laughing and he held out his hand to shake Evelyn's, "Nice to meet you both." He gazed at Evelyn not quite sure if he had seen her somewhere before.

"I'm sorry, I feel like I've seen you somewhere before, have we met?" Eric asked her curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:42 am

Evelyn had been engaged in typing furiously on her phone.

2:29amMe

Hey D:

How are you holding up?
2:29amAlexis

I slept more
2:30amMe

which means...?
2:30amAlexis

I'm good as ever
2:31amMe

Um okay o__o

Hm yeah

I'm in queue at SBucks

and honestly

I just do not feel like hitting on cute guys right now.

But if I tell Ash

She'll ask why x__x

Evelyn returned Eric's hand shake, slipping her hand free as quickly as she could without being rude. Her fake smile flickered. "Um, no, this is only my second time coming here."

Her phone buzzed and she peeked at it, an instant genuine smile appearing.

2:32amAlexis

come run back away to me and we'll do that girly make-over crap and make others jealous?
2:32amMe

ROFLMAO

will you be able to stand for that?
2:32amAlexis

I'mma gritt my teeth and bare it.
2:32amMe

Hm, that sounds fun. Men are assholes

How do we leave here first?

I was all psyched like two hours ago when we made the plan

I think I was high -__-
2:33amAlexis

Uhmmm

Tell her I asked for you to come back?

Under like.. mental.. emergency?....I NEEDED TAMPONS.

That.

there.
2:34amMe

ROFLMAO

I love you XDDD

WIll do that..

OMG

She stifled her laughter.

Me

Eric's here

but ugh

my mood is so shit right now

hm
2:35amAlexis

tampons. extra large for aunt floooow. eric will run away then. ;D
2:35amMe

cracked up right there

oh man I hate you XDDDDD

Why? xDDD

Now he's lookng at me weird

x__x

And he's like

model hot <3__<3

ROFLMAO.

but I'm just not up to it
2:36amAlexis

model guys are so 2009. D:

don't you know indies are in now?!

hipsters too!
2:36amMe

They ...

-____-

Hipsters?
2:36amAlexis

hipsters.

with the headbands.

and the like.. triangles.

and peace..and.. shit.
2:36amMe

ROFLMAOOO

ALEEEXIS!

I'm trying to not pass out in front of this guy and you are making me laugh!!!
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Danny and Ashlee continued to flirt, Eric had sort of gotten a cold vibe from Evelyn so he continued working after polietly excusing himself from the conversation.

Danny and Ashlee exchanged numbers, and she noticed that Evelyn had been focused more on her phone then flirting.

Ashlee sighed, smiling that she got his number and she would see him tomorrow at some dorm party. She made up some excuse about them having to get back to campus for classes.

She waved goodbye to the boys and nudged the distracted Evelyn.

They both moved towards the exit.

"Ready to go, I figured you didn't really want to flirt so I told them we had class. Danny invited me to some party at the dorms tomorrow night, wanna come with?" She asked opening the door.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Evelyn glanced over her shoulder at Eric, feeling guilty. Maybe she'd come back later. She followed Ashlee out onto the street, heading toward the subway. She put her phone away and then replied, "I don't know, I just....kind of lost that mood." She managed a brief smile and decided to change topics. "But Danny's cute."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:17 pm

"Yeah he so is! His eyes, and he has a cute voice. Are you gonna come with us though? It will be fun." Ashlee said smiling.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Evelyn drew a blank. SHe'd been talking to Alexis while Ashlee had talked to Danny. She stuffed her hands in her pockets, smiling guiltily. "Come where?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Ashlee waved her hand in front of Evelyn, "Earth to Ev, party at dorms. You wanna come?" She asked a bit frustrated with the red head.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Evelyn pulled a face. Ashlee's words rang a bell. "Oh, the one on Tuesday? Um....not really." She shrugged. She was in a bit of an antisocial mood. "I don't want to leave Alexis alone. I don't know if she'll go. But," she paused. Danny was older than them. So he'd probably know different people. God knew she needed to get away from the usual crowd. "I kind of want to go but not if Alexis has to stay home."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:56 pm

"Bring her along, I'm sure Danny won't mind, plus you two shouldn't have to stay locked away, this is New York!" Ashlee chirped.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:58 pm

Evelyn grinned. "Yeah, and partying with a bunch of people we don't know is definitely a breather." She sighed. "But Alexis is still having a hard time coping." She pulled out her phone to text Alexis.

"Are u up 4 a party tmrw nite?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:05 am

'Hell no.' Alexis sent back, running her tongue over her chapped lips as she stared at her computer, teeth grinding. She saw Connor online and quickly messaged him.

Me
Can I ask you something?

Connor
uh sure?

Me
Is it stupid for me to be jealous for like no reason?

Connor
depends on who

Alexis hesitated at this, reaching up and rubbing at her eye, before looking at her phone for any reply. She thought for a moment before putting her phone back down and messaging him back.

Me
Ashlee

Connor
???? ashlee? wth? why?

Me
Just forget it

Connor
oh god are you going through this self-esteem stage that you skipped two years back? -___-

Me
Probably, just forget it.

Connor
no, your upset. why are you jealous?

Me
Honestly? Because it feels like she's probably a better version of me.

Connor
Wtf?

Me
Her eyes are a better color and not to cold
Her attitude is more likable,
and.. I dunno.
forget it.

Connor
No alex

She rolled her eyes at this briefly before shutting her laptop, putting it in sleep mode and leaned back against the couch. She rubbed at her eyes, half wishing Rosemary was there already, or that Evelyn was here, but apparently she was probably going to a party.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Relationship : "He kiwd meh, Nayfun. I'm fookin' ded."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:10 am

Evelyn sighed and glanced up at Ahslee, before her phone buzzed. She glanced down at it saying, "She said "hell no", Ash." She grimaced. "I can't ditch her two days after she...you know." She flipped to her FB. And then bit her lip. What the hell was that jackass up to? Connor had apparently decided to revert back to his asshole self. Just like the rest of them.

She put her phone away, flushing in anger. "You know what, I'll go, Ash."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:22 am

"Alright! Sounds fun, I'll get ready at my place and we can meet up at the dorms with Danny! This is gonna be fun!" Ashlee exclaimed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:25 am

Evelyn shrugged, hoping sincerely that this party would be what she needed ot get out of the circle of jackasses she'd somehow gotten stuck in. She and Ashlee caught the subway headed northwards and she got off at the campus stop, hugging her friend goodbye.

At one point, she reflected, walking back to the dorm, she might have gone along with what Connor was saying. It would have been amusing to say the least. But she'd learned her lesson with Jake. Fake relationships were not something she was good at keeping fake. And she wanted away from those boys as soon as possible.

[[Evelyn to Dorms and Ashlee to her apartment]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum: