New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Starbucks EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Starbucks EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Starbucks EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Starbucks EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Starbucks EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Starbucks EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Starbucks EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Starbucks EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Starbucks EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Starbucks

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Starbucks Empty Starbucks

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:44 am

[[from Campus]]

Seth neared the cafe. He pushed the door open - and nothing happened. He tried again. The cafe was locked.

"What the...?" He peered through the darkened glass in search of Jake. There didn't appear to be anyone in there but some janitor and cleaning crew. One of them opened the door for him, raising an eyebrow.

"Is Jake Salazar here?" Seth demanded. The girl shook her head.

"Manager's not in yet."

Seth frowned. "Not...in?"

"He shoulda opened, but he ain't here."

Seth frowned. Jake should have been here a good hour ago. He decided that, given Jake's recent developments, he'd wait for Jake right here. Seth leaned against the wall by Starbucks, pulling his iPod out of his pocket.

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Starbucks Empty Re: Starbucks

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:56 am

[[Jake from Dorms]]

Jake ran down the street in between people, a few shoting him dirty looks as he rushed by.

He approached work and was going to bust through the front door when all of sudden he halted in his tracks because Seth was parked right outside.

"Crap." Jake muttered, he realized he was distracted cause he could see he had his iPod on.

Jake ducked into the alley behind work deciding to go in through the back.

He walked in and let out a breath of relief. He saw his co-worker Kelsey giving him a dirty look.

Jake brushed by her and started preppar cafe for opening time.

"You know Jeff is really pissed at you?" She said as he went around pulling the chairs off tables and setting them.

"It was an emegency." He lied.

"You should have called then." Kelsey said all snob like.

Jake ignored her as he went behind the counter and started the coffee brewers and pulling out pastiries.

Kelsey stood by him while he arranged the sweets observing Jake, "Did you lose a fight to your shaver?"

Jake slammed the tray down, "Oh my god Kelsey shut the hell up! You're pissing me off just go unlock the front doors alright! I'll deal with Jeff later!"

Kelsey pulled a face at him twirling her chestnut hair into a ponytail she muttered, "Geez who spit in his coffee."

She unlocked the door and went to resume her position of bugging Jake behind the counter.

Jacob turned on the lights and the stero and the cafe was soon filled with jazzy music, and the aroma of coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:02 am

Seth glanced around as that girl opened the doors. He lifted a silvery-brown eyebrow.

"Jake's in," she said. Seth flashed her his dimpled smirk and brushed past her into the cafe, leaving her red-cheeked.

He was first in line and his buddy was at the counter. Seth smirked as he rapped his knuckles on the wooden surface in front of Jake's bowed head. The Spaniard looked worn out and Seth wondered again just what Jake had been up to.

Some geriatric man lined up behind Seth, peering annoyingly over his shoulder. Seth resisted the urge to elbow him back out of his personal space.

"Hey Sal," he said easily, losing the smirk when Jake glanced up. "Can I have a cup of what-the-fuck-is-going-on? With an extra shot of French Red?"

"I'll have that too, young 'un," the old coot behind him croaked. "Sounds good."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:17 am

Jacob nearly dropped the tray of scones he was holding. He looked up at Seth and glared at him.

How in the hell does he...

Jacob racked his brain for a quick solution to answer his friends stupid question.

How he found out about him and Evelyn was beyond him.

He groaned and snapped at Kelsey who stood idly doing nothing, "Hey! There are two registers here come help the guy behind this one." He said pointing out the old man behind Seth.

Kelsey trudged over to the counter, her expression was that of"How dare he make me do such a thing."

"Come down here sir and repeat your order again." Jake faked a polite tone with Seth as they went down the counter.

He lowered his voice infuriated, "What the fuck can't we discuss this later? I'm already in trouble here."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:22 am

Seth snorted. "Salazar, you hate that French bitch. What's going on?" At least...he thought Jake hated her. "Where were you last night with her anyways? You said you found a mutt but you left her out."

"A shot of French Red," the old man was saying to Kelsey, who looked confused. Seth glanced at him in dismay, and then rolled his eyes and turned back to Jake.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:28 am

Jake groaned, rolling his eyes he didn't really feel like telling Seth, since this would lead to endless harassment on his part.

He figured since he kind of knew what was happening he'd tell him, "Long story short I got coffee found the dog, started raining I saw her, we talked, got into an arguement. She saw her friends, and then I guess one of them is her ex or something so to make him jealous she made me pretend to be her boyfriend." Jake took a deep breath.

"There you happy, now how the hell did you find out?" Jacob asked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:36 am

Seth tried to absorb all this as he answered, "Alexis. She is apparently going out with the blond guy you might have met last night...he mentioned someone, but i can't recall his name."

Seth shook his head. "Why the hell would you help her? I owe her for the hair thing, not you."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:46 am

Jake shrugged, "I don't know." He looked past Seth and noticed a line forming behind Kelsey.

Jake grit his teeth at her incompetence, "Ugh Seth we'll talk about this later."

He said annoyed as he went to help his stupid co-worker.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:48 am

Seth rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I'm not touching this," he replied as he headed back out of Starbucks. He took a subway back to campus.

[[Seth to Around Campus]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:31 pm

[[FF to Lunch time]]

Luckily for Jacob, the lunch rush hadn't been so bad as it usually is, it was actually pretty slow today which to him was a miracle since it was always so swamped at twelve that he usually wanted to take his break but he couldn't.

A pretty blond had walked in and since it hadn't been busy Jake got to have some fun since he hadn't for the last few days.

She smiled up at him, "So you really lived in Spain?"

"Of course, I did. This tan is au natural chicka." Jake smiled at her.

The girl giggled, "Oh really, say something in Spanish then."

Jacob leaned over and dropped his voice and whispered into her ear, "Usted está chica tan hermosa, tú y yo juntos puede ser muy peligroso.

"Oooh how sexy, I love men with accents." The girl purred as Jacob pulled away, she stroked her fingers on his arm and Jacob flashed one of his charming smiles at her.

He felt his phone vibrate and he looked down at it the ID read "UNKNOWN" so he ignored the call, sending it to voice mail, Jake never answered private calls and he certainly wasn't going to now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:29 pm

After Jacob had exchanged his number to the pretty blond, he looked down to see his Blackberry vibrating again, this time there was a number on the screen but he wasn't sure who it was, he figured it was probably the blond girl, so he looked to the front Kelsey the dumb bitch had managed to handle a customer so he broke free.

"I figured you couldn't wait to call me." Jake said answering the phone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:49 pm

[[intercepted from Campus]]
Jake raised his eyebrows not really expecting to hear a girl with a French accent on the other line, he was sure the blond girl didn't have one unless, she was leaving that out for them to find out Jake decided to contribute, "Ah habla usted francés? Eso es muy caliente."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:26 am

"You free tonight, I'd love to make you understand Espaņol." Jake smirked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:11 am

"Tell me your name first gorgeous." Jake asked flirtatiously

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:49 am

Jake heard the name it really sounded exotic, "How about I call you after work and we rendezvous, Genevieve?" Jake asked seductively.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:27 am

Jake grinned, "Alright then, see you then." He said hanging up the phone, feeling slightly better about how the day was turning out, he decided he had wasted enough time and thought maybe it was time he put Kelsey out of the misery of having to do customer service.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:35 am

[[Evelyn from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]

Evelyn entered the bustling coffee house, getting jostled by other college kids. She made her way to queue, keeping an eye out for a tall Spaniard. She tucked her hands into the pockets of her trench coat, and then pulled out some Purell from her backpack's pocket, remembering she'd touched an unvaccinated dog.

Some college kid was eyeing her rather creepily across the room. Probably some frat boy, she figured, judging by the bunch of boys around him. They were catcalling at every girl who went past. This particular kid leered at her and Evelyn lifted a hand, flipping him the bird because she didn't want to catch Jake's attention by doing what she really wanted to, i.e. marching across the room and stuffing his own leather boot down his throat.

That would cause a scene. Evelyn turned back to the front.

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:40 am

Jake helped move the line through, he didn't think it would be all that busy today since the breakfast and lunch rush weren't so bad, but he knew a lot of people were getting out of class just now, so that was expected.

He took orders, making drinks for people and sending them on their way when he spotted a familiar bronze head in the crowd of college students.

Jake was quiet annoyed that her and her stupid ex decided to spend the last fifteen minutes or so when the rush had arrived to argue on his Facebook, making his phone vibrate the entire time he tried to finish orders.

After finishing the girls order who smiled at him, leaving a generous tip for him in the jar near the register he realized that Evelyn had been next in line and he rolled his eyes.

"Can I help you?" He asked less than enthused.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 am

Evelyn glanced behind her at where the creep with the beady eyes was eyeing her derriere. She shuddered. She bit her lip and turned back to look up at Jake, smiling faux-brightly as she leaned her elbows on the counter that separated them. "Is that any way to talk to your girlfriend, Sal?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Jacob scowled at the that word "boyfriend", "I didn't know we were an item, and you wanted to parade yourself around with me? Its okay we look good together Red, I don't blame you." He winked at her, as he walked over to hand someone their coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Evelyn gritted her teeth but didn't give into the impulse to grab that coffee and throw it at his face. "No, I'm actually hoping you'll be of some use right now," she replied, glancing behind her again. The frat boy was still leering at her. Clearly he hadn't heard her words to Jake. "And, I had to give you an update. About Seth talking to, um, James, that guy we met last night."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Jacob grabbed the coffee grounds and refilling the coffee makers.

He arched a brow at Evelyn, "Um I had a minute to glance at the endless notifications I got from you two. It sounds like you pissed him off,and um Seth what the hell?" Jake asked a bit shocked in how he met James.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:11 pm

She nodded. Some teenage girl behind her ahemed. Evelyn threw her a sweetly fake smile.

"I've not ordered yet, the service here is slow," she informed the girl. THen she turned back to face Jake, straightening up.

"Well, hurry up, already. There's some sleazebag eyeing my butt across the room," the teenager whined behind her. Evelyn glanced around at the frat boy. He was still leering at her. She gritted her teeth. He gave off that rapist vibe. Him and his whole crowd. She sincerely hoped he wouldn't follow either her or the other girl home.

"Seth was sitting with James," Evelyn replied to Jake, turning away from the frat boy's creepy eyes. She watched Jake move around. "And Lola. I think he told them...well, I don't know what he told them. But I'm guessing he didn't tell James it was all a hoax since James started taking a dig at me on Facebook right after that and he dind't say anything that suggested he knew what was going on." She chewed her bottom lip and added, "Get me a regular latte while you're at it, Sal."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Jake grit his teeth while he went to grab Evelyn's cup, "Quit calling me that." He said as he went to the latte machine to prepare her drink for her.

The machine finished and he threw a lid on top of it, and handed it to Evelyn typing it in the register, "Hmm I don't know, Seth would do something like reveal or not.. I don't know he confuses me sometimes, but if he doesn't know he doesn't know. I just have better things to do then pretend to be your fake boyfriend." Jake added curtly he smiled, "That will be $3.59, babe."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:23 pm

"Aren't you charming," Evelyn replied, digging into her wallet. She had a crazy whim to pull larceny and run out of the cafe with her latte while Jake was occupied. It'd take him a few minutes to leap over the counter.

Evelyn shook her head. This guy was going to land her behind bars someday. She paused her hand in her wallet, deliberately slowing down. "By the way, are you planning on keeping N - uh, the puppy with you or what?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum