New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Starbucks - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Starbucks - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Starbucks - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Starbucks - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Starbucks - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Starbucks - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Starbucks - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Starbucks - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Starbucks - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Starbucks

2 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Starbucks - Page 7 Empty Re: Starbucks

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Jacob put a lid on a girls drink and handed it over to her. He then made a dash to the back where he saw Seth admiring the scones.

Jake grabbed his shoulders and turned Seth to face the bags labled "coffee" . Jake grabbed a couple and said to Seth. "Okay go in the fridge and get more milk you can handle that right?"

Jacob turned and ran back out to the front before Seth could reply and quickly refilled the coffee makers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:58 pm

"Yessir!" Seth said mockingly, and wandered into the fridge.

Five minutes later, Evelyn heard a loud, "OH MAH GAWD - SHIT'S FREEZING UP IN DIS BITCH LG!"

A bussinessman shot Evelyn a funny look as he handed her five dollars. "Everything all right back there?" he asked.

Evelyn flashed him a bright smile, wanting to kill Seth. "Oh yeah, we, uh, have a newbie!"

Albeit in all honesty, she was not expecting to be working behind the damn counter, but whatever.

Seth wandered back out with a packet of milk in a jug and handed it to Jake. "Shit, dawg, you totally sent me to anti-Hades!"

At that moment, Evelyn looked up and realized the rush had slown down some. So she typed in a final order, glanced up at Jake and read off the cups she'd scribbled on. "Two Tall half-sweet strawberry smoothies. I'm done." She figured he'd be able to handle it now that Seth wasn't breaking shit anymore.

She closed the till and without a word, reached around Jake to grab her bag and then marched toward the exit. "Let's go, Ash!"

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:12 am

Jacob went to make the two drinks and looked up as Evelyn went to leave with Ashlee. He wanted to say thank you but instead he just turned his head away, because the more he stared at Evelyn, the more he just wanted to kiss her.

"Yeah okay. I'm down to leave, bye Seth! See ya Jake." Ashlee waved to the boys walking out with Evelyn.

"Wow it was crazy in there." Ashlee remarked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:20 am

"We're doomed," Seth said to Jake, because almost as instantly as Evelyn and Ashlee had disappeared, a group of teenagers had come in, clogging up the line again.

"Hey, I think they're looking for Eric," Seth added, leaning on a counter as he overheard one of the girls' words. He straightened up and lifted an eyebrow at Jake. "You couldn't say thank you?"

Evelyn slung her bag over her shoulder higher, taking Nova's leash from Ashlee. The puppy whined as he looked back at the doors of Starbucks. She yanked him along, and then stifled a sudden laugh. "Oh, man, Seth in the back room should be a Youtube video series! I found the Holy Grail of ALL COOKIES!" she mimicked Seth's excited voice. "And it's just as beautiful as me!"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:27 am

"I was kinda busy Mr. "OMG DESE SCONEZ IS DAH SHIT!" Jake imitated Seth.

"Where's Eric?" One of the ditzy girls who had come in with her group asked.

"He's been fired." Jake replied. Making drinks handing them to the girl. "NEXT!' Jake yelled.

Ashlee giggled, she had seen Seth wander to the back but couldn't really hear him. "Of course, I have to say though I'm pretty shocked you came back, and helped."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:38 am

"Ouch," Seth muttered, watching the girl's face fall as she walked off. Clearly that had been the onl reason the girls had shown up.

Seth grinned at the grouchy Spaniard. "Gee, you couldn't throw in a fake smile? You just ruined their teenage years."

"I came back because I just remembered I forgot my dog," Evelyn pointed out, walking faster. "And honestly, I wasn't about to give the douchebag another reason to blame me if he got fired - even though it'd be all his fault for losing it enough to follow me just to pick a damn fight."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:42 am

Jacob pulled a face at Seth and another girl came up and asked him again where Eric was. Jake plastered a big fake grin on his face. "He's been fired, here's your change."

The girl narrowed her eyes at Jake taking the change from him, and Jake just snorted at the girl. "That better Seth?"

"Yeah well, you weren't exactly the perfect customer Ev." Ashlee added.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:04 am

Seth ran a hand through his hair and turned away to hop over the counter. "Okay, whatever," he said mockingly. "You didn't seem to have a problem ogling Red when she was working here, but I guess it's too much to expect good customer service," he added smugly.

Evelyn scoffed. "I take offense at that! He didn't have to flip his shit! It's the food industry! He deals with annoying people on a daily basis! And did you hear the way he was talking to me?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:07 am

"Well you could've bit your tongue for once instead of arguing back with him like you always do." Ashlee stated.

"Shut up Seth." Jake said going to make drinks, Evelyn was the last person he wanted to think about no matter how impossible that was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:11 am

Seth frowned. "I'm just sayin', for a girl who's all about wanting to be alone and away from you, she does a good job of doing the exact opposite. Or did she just owe you a huge-ass favor she was workin' off by helping you here?" He leaned against a counter, watching Jake.

"I don't wanna talk about Jake!" Evelyn said firmly. She headed onto the quad, and then contradicted herself five seconds later. "If he can't learn to shut his trap, he shouldn't work customer service. The customer's always right."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:15 am

"Its not like I forced her to help me. She didn't have to." Jake said, working the register. Although he was wondering why Evelyn even bothered to help him.

"If you loathe Jake so much why did you spend like the last hour and a half helping him out then?" Ashlee interrogated Evelyn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:21 am

Seth puzzled over this a moment and then shrugged and said, "So, anyways, uhhh, I'm gonna get going." He checked his watch. "Hey, look, you only have...four more hours to go! Whoo-hoo! Then you can come home and get trashed!" He straightened up, grabbing his coat from the chair it was on and tossing off Kelsey's apron. He waved and strode out the door.

Evelyn shot Ashlee a funny look as she entered the lobby, Nova now in her large gym bag. "I never said I loathed Jake."

[[Seth, Evelyn and Ashlee to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:58 am

[FF to about 10 PM]]

Jacob had been mopping up the lobby, preparing the store to close. Jeff and the district manager Michael had come in to scold Jacob on all of his offenses a couple of hours ago. They yelled at him for leaving the store, petting Nova, having unauthorized employees working behind the counter, being rude to customers, and co-workers. And only reason Jeff knew all of this was because Michael had been here undercover when Seth had served him the wrong drink.

So Jake had been demoted from shift supervisor back to barista and that he was treading thin ice, and another screw up and he'd be fired. Which was all Jake needed on top of every other shitty thing that had happened so far.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 am

The door swung open slowly and a few people walked out. A pair of college boys looked up as they exited and one of them wolf-whistled crudely at the frail-looking girl with long black, thinning, wispy hair and brown eyes aged with circles who passed them, entering and walking to the counter.

The girl was dressed in a skirt too short for winter, above-knee red stockings and brown boots, her jacket open to reveal a low-cut camisole. At first glance, she appeared fairly attractive, but closer inspection showed the poorly concealed eyebags, a slight sign of torn skin at her temples, hidden by her bangs, and slightly bruised cuticles. Her cheekbones were gaunt, her lips somewhat raw despite their lipstick. It was as if effort ha bee put on covering up a worn-out doll with new clothes and face paint. Exhausted beauty, even though she looked barely twenty.

"I think they're closing," some woman said helpfully to her in passing, as she walked out. The girl ignored this, scanning the place almost as if she forgot she was here for coffee.

Her eyes alighted on a burly boy sitting in a corner, packing up his laptop. She watched him a moment - and then he got up, walking past her with an uninterested glance, and his water bottle almost hit her as he strode along. She eyed the transparent bottle, its liquid swishing, and edged away hastily, peeling her eyes off him instantly like she was allergic to plastic bottles.

Her eyes examined the lone barista. After mild hesitation, she strode forward toward him. "Hey," she called, voice huskily sweet. She stepped up to the counter, placing both hands on it, and her cracked cuticles slowly began appearing smooth. She tilted her head sideways and gave the barista a softly flirtatious smile; the cracked lips now looked glossy. "You are still serving, aren't you?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:27 am

Jake looked up when he heard the girls voice, and paused for a moment to take her in. She was a real pretty girl, and well Jacob couldn't help but notice that she wasn't exactly dressed for coffee.

Jake shook his head. "Uh no sorry, we're closing I've already turned off the machines, you'll have to come back tomorrow."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:30 am

"Aw, really?" the girl said, and for a moment, her face looked almost annoyed but then slipped back to open adn charming. She leaned over the counter, tapping his hand gently before withdrawing, not maintaining eye contact as she looked around at the shelves beside her. "But I'm on a long road trip. And I need my latte or I can't drive home, it's so late, you know?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:35 am

Jake figured it wouldn't take too long to make one latte, but he didn't want anyone else walking by thinking they were still open. He was tired and he just wanted to go home.

Jake stifled a yawn. "Listen I'm sorry but I'm closing, I know you want coffee but its getting late, and I need to get home. Try Tim Horton's down the street." He suggested.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:41 am

The girl withdrew suddenly, lowering her head almost like she was upset.

Anger tore at her features and the mask of prettiness cracked, unseen, and then she straightened up and finally looked into his eyes, face smooth and charming. Her warm brown irises seemed to expand like deep pools of darkest night, almost twinkling as if with stars as she gazed earnestly at him. The twinkles spiraled into a dizzying pattern. Between the glimmers of light, a fiery orange-yellow glow seemed to emit, so it seemed to almost blur out the entire cafe. She was the only clear focus point as she maintained eye contact, saying softly, "Can I get a scone then?" Her voice was not a question, but more an order.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:52 am

Jacob was caught off guard by her stare. Then again he didn't care if this girl was the Pope! She was not gonna order him around like some slave. Especially after hours.

"Listen girl, I've tried to be patient with you but you're getting on my nerves. Its closing time I've put everything away, I'm not going to just get you a scone. Don't think cause there are other lazy people here still means you're gonna get what you want. I'm tried, I've had a shitty day and I want to go home, so just leave." Jacob said rudely hoping that would get the message across.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:10 am

The girl's eyes faded back ot normal brown.

Next second, she reached over the counter, face cold, grabbed his shoulder to pull him down and put her mouth to Jake's ear, her voice an eerie singsongy command that rang,, not through his ears, but through his mind. "Cooperate with me. I only have so long before I - " She cut herself off. Her voice, when she spoke agian, was weaker. "Before I...before..."

Something hot burned out through her mouth, singeing her lips.

She pulled away with a snap, eyes widening as she emitted a long, drawn-out gasp like she couldn't breathe. Her eyes rolled up into her skull and she swayed backwards form him. She blinked, looking around once, shot Jake a terrified look, and then collapsed out cold on the floor.

The two remaining customers gave horrified cries. "Oh my God! Is she dead?!" a woman wailed, running up to kneel beside the girl. "Someone call 9-1-1!"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 am

Jake's eyes widened as he froze. Her words singing in his mind, and then a burning in his ear. Jacob winced rubbing his ear, and for a second it felt like he couldn't breathe like someone had been holding his head under water.

And just as the girl had gasped her final breath, Jacob was gasping for his own breath. He closed his eyes backing up into the counter, and finally he opened them to see the girl laying on the ground.

The few people who had remained there were helping her. And Jacob sort of panicked! He didn't want to get her scone, not kill the poor girl!

Jacob walked slowly around the counter, and looked down at the girl. His dark eyes scanned up her legs, and to her low cut shirt. Jake's eyes stopped on her face.

Wow I'd fuck her right now...

Jacob couldn't believe he had just thought that! For all he knew this girl was probably dying as they spoke and instead of being worried, he thought about screwing her? What was wrong with him?!

Clearly Jake had told himself this has to be some weird side effect from not taking his medication! Nothing else could explain having such a sick thought.

After a few minutes an ambulance came with some police officers and they questioned Jacob. He said that she had come in and passed out. One of the paramedics had said she was weak and given that the girl kind of looked like a hooker. They assumed, she had probably overdosed on something.

After everyone had left Jake closed up for the night, pulling on his coat as he walked outside, locking the door behind him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 am

[[Don Creepo to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content