New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Streets of Manhattan

2 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Streets of Manhattan - Page 14 Empty Re: Streets of Manhattan

Post  Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:32 pm

"Imagine if there really had been a man hole, you would have drowned. Too distracted on that phone of yours to notice that you're about to step on a dog." James said watching her go back to her texting.

[[Everyone else from McDonalds]]

Jake responded quickly in protests to Lola and Evelyn watching his inebriated performance, he caught two things from Seth's statement about the trip though and it was "party bus" and "strippers."

His dark eyes twinkled, "That sounds hella fun! Yeah we better do that!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:27 am

Seth glanced around at Luke. "Yo, Blondie," he could say this since he was no longer technically a blond, he decided, "we're leaving this Friday."

Luke looked puzzled as he glanced over his shoulder. "SHoudl I be excited for you?"

Seth rolled his eyes. "Niagara? Didn't James tell you?"

Luke shook his head. "I wasn't Facebooking when you guys were right there."

Seth shrugged. "Whatever. You and James are coming along to Niagara for a mini vacation this weekend. We're leaving eight AM on Friday to get an early start. It's a fucking long trip."

Luke blinked, trying to absorb this. "Yeah, okay."

Seth glanced back at Jake, who was again typing but this time, there was no smile on his face. He looked aggravated. Seth smirked and slung an arm around the concussed Spaniard. "Jake, we gotta break into Lo's house. Her mother hates me but I need that footage."

Luke turned back to the front, sticking his hands in his pockets. "My mother would freak," he informed Ashlee amusedly. "I know we're not going to see the damn falls."

Evelyn gritted her teeth. James couldn't just shut up? Didn't he see she didn't feel like talking to him?

Then again, this was James, the idiot who earned her a detention solely to piss her off for two hours after school.

She sighed, feeling a wave of nostalgia and before she could stop it, the words came forth in a quiet whisper. "I miss you."

Shit! What the hell? That was the epitome of foot-in-mouth disease, she reflected, horror-struck. She sincerely hoped James hadn't heard and added louder, "I'd rather fall down a manhole than be stuck forcing conversation with you."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:38 am

James' eyes widened he had totally heard what Evelyn had said, but saw how she quickly tried to cover it up, "Wait a minute... you...miss... me?" He said slowly, walking by her side now as opposed to walking in front of her.

"My mom would probably mace Seth." Ashlee giggled walking along side she looked up at Luke, "You gonna go with them? It sounds like fun, actually Ev and I wanted to plan some fun outing out of town this weekend too. I say you go."

Jake furrowed his brows together, "I am not going back to Brooklyn just so you can see that, plus knowing you it will end up on Youtube, so no thanks. You can go to Lo's yourself, but remember her mom will probably call the cops on you." He smirked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 am

Seth rolled his eyes, hearing both Ashlee and Jake's comment on him. Well, for some reason, even though he was less damaging to a girl than Jake, parents always took one look at him and decided he was the devil that would corrupt their angelic daughters.

It actually worked in his favor, he figured. Since girls all over decided it made him a desirable challenge, what with the whole parental control on him and everything.

"I wouldn't," he protested to Jake. "Come on, that video on Youtube of you and James was awesome. Girls were like, commenting on how gorgeous and sexy you were. Isn't that great? I knew they would when i put it up. So I wouldn't do this to you. And besides, if I wanted to, I'd have put it up myself before mine corrupted. But I didn't."

He paused. "DO you want Lola to hold it over your head? I bet she plays it at your wedding. DO you want your future bride laughing in your face that big day? She mentioned she would, Lola, that is."

Luke laughed. "Yeah, you know, you guys should come with. It'd be fun since we all separated over summer."

Evelyn stiffened and kept her eyes on her phone, replying to Jake like everything was okay. Which, of course, it wasn't.

Her heart hammered like a panicked bird in her ribcage. She really did feel like flying away. But she held her ground and decided that since James had decided not to laugh in her face, she'd go through with it. "You assumed I successfully erased two years' worth of memories? I'm not that skilled yet." her voice wobbled a bit as her nerves spiked up, and she sped up a little.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 am

"I don't know Luke, it seems like a whole male bonding kind of trip you know? I don't want to intrude on that, plus I'm sure Ev is still a bit uncomfortable being around James and what not." She said biting her lip.

"I told her if she shows that at my wedding, then her damn rap comes out at her wedding too! Which is far worse, and no we're not going to Brooklyn, I'm in no shape to scale Lola's house." Jake scowled.

James' breath hitched in his throat, his heart beating fast, he swallowed back his nerves and ran a hand through his hair, "I'm not saying you forgot but I didn't think you missed me after everything that happened this weekend." He said quietly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:27 am

Luke glanced over his shoulder. "You're right about Evelyn. James might lose it if he has to be around her and Jake for a whole weekend."

He frowned to himself and lowered his voice. "I find it kind of strange. Jake is, I don't know, he seems kind of like a douche, you know? I get a player vibe from him so why doesn't Evelyn? She's freaking paranoid about guys, and yet she goes out with one who apparently has a history with a lot of girls." He was referring to Jake's Facebook photos. "It doesn't make sense."

Seth rolled his eyes. "I'd be climbing. You'd be holding the flashlight and shit. I just need you to act as look out. Come on, French Red will never let it go once she sees it. She lives right down the hallway man. You'll see her until Nova gets run over or something since she wants to keep him too. She'll never forget this type of thing." He jiggled his arm, strangling Jake a bit accidentally.

Evelyn glanced up, giving James a level glance. Her eyes hardened. "I don't miss this New York City James. I miss the guy who sat outside my bedroom door talking to me all night." She glanced absently down at her phone, no longer able to put her focus on Jake's conversation.

Then she got a friend request. From Rachel Allen. Jake's ex-girlfriend.

What the frig? Evelyn's first instinct was to ignore it. And then she saw Seth's genius comment and had to reevaluate her opinion on him.

Seth's chat window popped up and he informed her to accept the request because "how else will you bitch at her? Freedom of speech only works over the internet."

Evelyn decided Seth Andreasis might not be such a nuisance after all.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:47 am

Ashlee shrugged dropping her voice a little although both the boys seemed wrapped up in their own plans, "Um I don't know? Maybe he's different, he probably has/had history and he's changed or something. You never know Luke, besides those girls were his friends its not like he was making out with them or something."

Jake winced looking down at Seth he punched him in the arm, "Dude I do not feel like making the commute, I'd rather have her see it as long as I know its not in your hands. "

"Yeah well I can't say I don't miss the way things were, but that was when we were different." James added shoving his hands as far as they would go into his pockets.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:02 am

Seth gaped. "So you'd rather Lola have her ten thousand copies sitting aorund to show to all your girlfriends? Come on, man, I wouldn't embarrass you like that. I get you into shit, but it's crazy shit. This is just gay."

Luke shrugged unconvinced. "I guess. But they seem to be very...sans-PDA, like, James was kinda more affectionate with her, you know?"

Evelyn decided she didn't like where this was going. She turned her attention back to Jake. The conversation had gotten...strange.

Me
if I ever accidentally went out with you while I was drunk, I'd kill you and then me out of shame
1:39amJake
Why art thou a kinky drunk
1:39amMe
Wouldn't you love to find out?
1:40amJake
Just like your pole dancing
1:40amMe
never happening. Exactly
1:42amJake
Lexie has some fun photos up ;D
1:42amMe
I noticed
Connor's hot XD
1:43amJake
He's no me
1:43amMe
Um,
he's hotter
Sorry
1:43amJake
Is that anyway to talk to your fake boyfriend? D:
1:44amM
You're the only boyfriend I'll ever be honest witht
SO yeah
1:44amJake
WHATEVER
goes to watch Self Esteem video XD
1:44amMe
You're mad?
Aww, you're cute, but he's hot
1:44amJake
Nooo
What cute?!
No, Nova is cute
I'm sexy
1:44amMe
Fine
you're...
um
goodlooking, Connor is sexy
1:45amJake
-__
1:45amMe
Am I making you jealous? C:
Fine
He's gorgeous and
you are....
um
exotic?
1:45amJake
Better chicka
1:46amMe
But he's Hot with a capital H
^__^
1:46amJake
leaves
1:46amMe
I love how I can totally be so honest with you A real boyfriend would dump me
Aww I'm sorry D:
I didn't think you gave a shit
drags you back by your hair
I told you you were exotic
1:47amJake
@_@
I know
1:47amMe
XDD
So?
I was just being dramatic
1:47amMe
can't I say he's hot?
and he's nice too
Well since I'm not your real boyfriend
I guess I shouldn't get offended
But this needs to be real
1:48amMe
No.
1:48amJake
I should say I'm dumping your bitch ass
In true Facebook fashion
But
Aww, don't do that. Connor will never let it go
I'll wait until we get into an even more intense fight and end things violently
XD
You're jealous.
it's fine
Hmmm
I'm not jealous
we can end it um
isn't sure how
Right

Yeah, she didn't like where this one was going either. Seth's words kept coming abck ot haunt her. She sighed and looked up at James. "You were different."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:04 am

"Luke they did just start dating, you have to remember not every guy she dates is gonna be like James was. Maybe they're both taking things slow?" She pointed out to him.

Jake rolled his eyes, "If you want we'll go, god!"

"You're different too, you know? I'm not the only that's changed." James stated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:10 am

Luke nodded. "True." He turned off the street to midtown, waving a hand at Seth and Jake to indicate they were headed a different way. "Um, I have no idea where you live, Ash."

Seth nodded at Luke and then pulled his arm free of Jake's shoulders. "Awesome. This will be so much fun," he declared, grinning from ear to ear. He punched Jake's shoulder. "You look kind of pissed." He leaned over and peered at Jake's phone. "Ooh, I see Conman updated his picture."

Evelyn bit her lip hard as she put her phone away, not really feeling like talking to Jake for the night. They'd gone with the whole FB relationship status thing, and she was okay with it. She supposed she was, at least.

Her phone buzzed. She bit the inside of her cheek and decided to try ignoring it. "Because I'm not falling for your charms, James? It makes me better, I think."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:22 am

Ashlee laughed, "I live Midtown on 32nd street, I actually think we might live around the same place, unless I'm wrong."

Jake felt Seth's gaze on his phone and pocketed it, "Yeah I guess he did, its nothing I'm just tired we kind of had a crazy day." Which some of that was true along with concussions and his weird conversations with Evelyn and Rachel randomly talking to him again he did feel kind of tired.

"Hey I'll save you the grief dude, I have a key to Lo's I'll just go in." He said deciding that Seth scaling Lola's house wasn't exactly the smartest idea and if Melissa had been home when Jake randomly intruded like he did he could just say something random.

James stumbled a bit while walking and took a deep breath, "I guess that's a good thing, I could say the same for you." He lied not really sure what he had just said.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:30 am

Seth frowned. "Aw, come on. It'll be fun. Besides, if you have a key, I'll just come iwht and we'll say we're waiting for Lo, if we get caught."

Luke laughed. "We're on 34th, Ashlee. That's two streets down." He grinned. "You should come over more often. I have James' depressed ass for company."

Evelyn felt her phone vibrate again. She rubbed her ear sleepily and stifled a yawn as the familiar Greenwich campus came into view.

She snuck a sidelong glance at the tall boy walking alongside her. And then down at her feet, unnerved. "I don't get it. Since we clearly don't have much danger of attraction or something lame like that," she swallowed to clear her clogged throat, "why can't we even be civil? We're ruining it for everyone else."

James was typing something into his phone, she realized. And she sincerely hoped it wasn't anything that would later break her even more than he seemed to know he was doing.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:44 am

"I would, when I'm not fighting for hot water, last piece of toast, and my alarm being turned off." Ashlee grit her teeth making strangle motions at Oriana although she wasn't there.

Jake laughed, "Melissa hates you, like you know loathes you? My mom just thinks you have some sort of disability, but yeah why not I have some stuff I need to get from Lo anyway besides that tape."

"I don't know, I wanna be. I feel bad, I do I feel like everything has to be some big awkward thing, and its like I find myself trying to fix stuff only to ruin it again, but I don't know how to fix this, how to make it less awkward and painful. I know it will take time but I wish it would just go faster." James said sighing as they approached campus.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:50 am

Evelyn wanted to turn off her phone. It kept buzzing like mad. James was still fidling with his but seemed to have no trouble diving his attention between it and her.

She fiddled with the hem of her jacket, pulled out her phone and answered Ashlee. It was a bit of an awkward conversation about Connor.

Evelyn did think he was a decent - and hot - guy, but he could be a tool.

She glanced up at James, tryiing ot elevate the tension. It was starting to suffocate her. She and James worked best when they didn't talk about their screwed up relationship, she realized.

"You think," she began calmly," Ash should ask Connor out? She said he went out with her bitchy roommate. I'm kinda curious about her. Even Luke seems to dislike her."

Luke laughed. "She's a bitch, all right." They turned onto 32nd. He sighed. "It's going ot be really awkward tomorrow when Alexis comes home." His stomach churned. He didn't knwo if he could face her.

Seth grinned. "All right!" He ignored his buzzing phone. "Oh, what was that stripper comment for? I think it's related to your video, but I can't figure it out? And if it involves strippers, I'm intrigued." He wiggled his eyebrows at JAke.

Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:21 am

James shrugged at the sudden change of topic, "I don't know she seemed nice to me, but then again she did almost kill Ash so I don't know where I quiet stand with her. As for the whole Connor thing, I just think Oriana is the type where she just dates and doesn't care, if Ash wants to pursue Connor or whatever she should."

"I know what you're saying but she needs us right now." Ashlee said putting her hand on his arm and patting it.

Jake snorted, "It was some joke I made or whatever, sorry to disappoint no real strippers."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 am

"Damn," Seth swore, face falling. He brightened. "We'll remedy that this weekend. OH, speaking of...there's this friend of m brother's hosting a party on um, Tuesday, I think. Apparently, he's cool enough to have a raging party in the middle of the week. I think he's an idiot, but there you go. He's a junior, by the way. You wanna go?"

Luke nodded, entering the building Ashlee was leading him to. "I wonder if your roommate's in," he said, grinning. "She doesn't like me nearly as muc as she likes James."

Ashlee's phone buzzed.

Evelyn waited, but James was clearly not going to divulge anything more about Orianna. What the hell kind of name is that? she wondered. She was mildly relieved he didn't seem all that interested in talking about Oriana.

No, she wasn't, Evelyn corrected herself. She shrugged. "Yeah, I told her that. She hasn't really dated anyone worthwhile in a while. But being single has its perks."

She grimaced, reflecting back on that weird conversation with Jake. She didn't know what had happened there. Jake sounded normal again so it was probably in her imagination. She brushed it off. Soon, they'd end it. That was that. Jake was worse than Seth anyways.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:36 am

"She doesn't like anybody, she's Satan." Ashlee retorted icily, stopping in front of her apartment building, she pulled out her phone responding to a comment Evelyn left and slid her phone back in her pocket.

"You're letting me out of my room warden?" Jake joked, he shrugged, "Yeah why not sounds fun, I could use a party, nothing says going back to work like a hangover."

James sighed, "Yeah it really does, she'll find someone though and its okay if she doesn't she's probably enjoying herself right now anyway."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:43 am

Luke hit the button for the elevator. As it came down, he glanced at Ashlee. "Ah well. Maybe you'll miraculously end up best pals or something by the end of your lease."

Seth grinned. "Um, did I say you could get smashed? No. Your head is going to need your brain intact to get back to 100%. You're not screwing it up on my watch."

Evelyn glanced at her phone. Jake appeared dismayed by her comment that her pole-dancing was a turn off. She grinned briefly. "I think she is. She and Seth were shamelessly flirting earlier. But I told him I'd gut his eyeballs out if he went near her."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:53 am

James laughed dryly. "Ash is a big girl Ev, she can handle herself. Besides Seth is um..." James drew a blank and went on, "Yeah I'd kill him too." He admitted.

Ashlee snorted, "Yeah that's if I don't hang her from the ceiling fan first...actually more like the flag pole, that girl is a beast."

"Excuse me? You are not my mother, if I want to drink I sure as hell am going to." Jake said firmly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:03 am

Evelyn smiled at James' well-timed puase, not having a word for Seth either. "Jake told me," she began, cringing at the name. "That Seth doesn't go all the way with every girl he dates. So I guess if he and Ash wanna hook up once, I don't have an issue with it."

Seth walked backwards in front of Jake, not smiling any more. "I'm serious. I'm calling the shots on your stupidity until you're mentally all back there."

Luke entered the elevator when it appeared. He waited for Ashlee to indicate what floor. "She sounds charming - " he ws cut off by a yawn. "Damn, I'm freaking beat. I'm glad I didn't walk Evelyn back now."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Jake just rolled his eyes, the paramedics said he'd be fine by a few days, but he figured he wouldn't take his chances at the party and just save his drinking for Niagra.

"Okay whatever you say dad." Jake said smiling wyrly.

"We're on the fifth." Ashlee said pressing the button, she smiled up at Luke and stood on her tip toes to ruffle his hair.

"Well thanks for bringing me home, you didn't have to." Ashlee said.

"Yeah I don't care if they do but like you said if he tries anything on Ash I'll pound him." James smirked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Seth turned back around, shaking his head. He almost tripped over a loosened brick under his foot. Catching his balance, he glanced around. "Hm, know any strippers we wouldn't get arrested for bringing over the border? They have those like, dance poles in the middle of the bus. We gotta put 'em to some use, right?" he asked, grinning.

Luke tried not to grin at Ashlee's straining herself. He bit his lip to curb his smile and said, "It's no big. God knows we know the consequences of wandering the City alone."

Evelyn tried to imagine Seth and James in a face-off. And failed. She somehow couldn't see Seth fighting for anything. She tucked her hands into the pockets of her jacket as they walked up to teh freshmen building, and then turned to James, pausing awkwardly. Was he walking her up? Leaving now?

Why was she psycho-analyzing this?

"I'll keep an eye on him for you. I unfortunately see him more times than I'd ever want to." She shivered in the cold breeze and shuffled from one foot to another, trying to figure out a cavalier way of saying adieu. Maybe she should just say "later" and walk off?
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:36 pm

"You know just cause I'm not all roar I'm women like Ev doesn't mean I can't defend myself, just so you know I have pepper spray." She said taking out her keys which also contained what seemed like thousands of other charms.

"Somewhere..." She said grinning sheepishly.

Jake mused over the thought he wasn't sure if he did. Although he instantly thought of Evelyn's comment, he bit his lip to keep from laughing.

"Um not sure if I do, I mean I know Lo dances but she would never agree to it, hmm not sure dude. Do you know anyone?" He asked Seth.

James smiled lightly and as they arrived he wasn't sure what to say.

He looked at her and rubbed the be back of neck, "So I guess I'll be seeing you?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:52 pm

Luke grinned and when they reached Ahslee's apartment door, he slowed. "I'm gonna turn back from here. Goodnight, Ash."

Seth snorted. "I wouldn't ask if I knew. Damn. This won't be so much fun. Maybe Dane has stripper friends. I might see if I can find Sin and her sister again. But Sin was a shitty dancer," he admitted.

Evelyn was relieved and she nodded. Before James left, she blurted out, "So are we...um." She shrugged and shook her head, confused. "I mean, what are we doing?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:39 am

[[ James and Luke from the apartment]]

James shrugged, "I don't know we didn't talk for most of the way, she was kind of distracted I guess she was talking to Jake on the phone, and then we started talking and I brought her back to the dorms. We said we were going to try this whole "friends" thing again." He told Luke.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next