New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Streets of Manhattan

2 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Streets of Manhattan - Page 24 Empty Re: Streets of Manhattan

Post  JulietsCurse Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:58 am

Alexis pushed her way through the pre-new years crowd as she slipped to the stairs that led to the underground café. She rubbed her hands together, and blew a hot breath into them as she glanced at the guy in a café apron came out, a pack of cigarettes in his hand. She ignored as he flashed her a smile and slipped into the café, glancing around as she pulled her [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The café was dimly lit, a golden yellow glow to the room. The entire place gave a warm feeling and she was thanking GOD, that it was actually warm in there. The place had colors of rich brown, tan, black, and faded gold.

And the smell of hazel nut, only helped. She had a strong feeling she’d be coming here more, and never freaking telling anyone where she was going because this felt very much like her “Pandora” minus the blue cat people.

She glanced over at the so-called “stage” as she stepped into the small line at the counter. There was two or three guys setting up a microphone and speakers for the open mic, and glanced down at her watch. It was 5:30, and open mic started at 5:45, ended at eight.
She let out a slight-nervous breath and stepped up to the counter, ordering her usual drink- a french vanilla frapp. She shifted weight from one foot to the other, and let out a breath, watching the guys set up the stage. She glanced up when the lady cleared her throat soon enough, holding out the drink.

Alexis cringed and paid for it quickly before stopping her. “Um- how late are you guys open?”

“Till 12:30am.” The middle-aged woman shrugged. “We stay open for the loners.” She said, her voice somewhat annoyed and cold before she turned and went back to whatever.

“Bitch.” Alexis rolled her eyes and went over to the open room, taking whatever empty table there was, which wasn’t very hard and set her guitar by her.

There WAS loners there. People with their laptops and Bamboo drawing pads, most likely making things for their DeviantArt accounts. Then there was others with their instruments, like guitar or keyboard.

Then there was others with books or DSLR’s taking random pictures of shit. Alexis made a face as she watched all this and wondered if people were just all alone on the start of the new year. Much like herself…

Surely these people had a family somewhere in New York. Or were they all imported here for college too? She rolled her eyes and silently sipped at her drink, ignoring everything else. She would zone in on the sound of a guitar being tuned, or the sound of keys taping on a laptop.

She zoned out completely, staring at her cup now. She wondered how Rosemary, Evelyn and Ashlee were doing in Las Vegas. She even fucking wondered how the guys were doing there. If it was as “glamorous” as everyone said it was.

She reached up and rubbed under her eye to relief a sudden stinging sensation.

“Open mic is now open to whoever the hell has the balls to get up here and sing.” Rang a voice through her depressive thoughts and she glanced up, guessing time went by faster with her thoughts then expected. She raised her eyebrow, seeing the guy from earlier that she had passed on the stairs, flash her a smirk as he passed by. It wasn’t an arrogant smirk for once.

She smirked briefly herself, hearing a few chuckles in the crowd and glanced up, seeing some hipster guy get up and head onto the stage. Good- that meant she didn’t have to be first. She licked her lips and sunk down low in her seat as she listened to the guy play some Secondhand Serenade song with his keyboard and closed her eyes briefly.

She wasn’t sure what hurt- The fact that she was left alone or that no one cared. Had she done something? Again? Then again- she couldn’t blame them. Because who the hell in their right mind would want someone like her going along? Ashlee wanted a good birthday, not a fucking “would you fuck off?” birthday. She let out a shaky breath and opened her eyes, glancing at her watch. Her minds wondered off again, wondering if Rosemary would even call her like they usually would.

Maybe this was apart of growing up. Losing everyone and then gaining new people or… Fuck, who was she kidding?

She gave a weak chuckle to herself and only glanced up when the scrawny hipster guy was done and decided she needed a fucking huge distraction and grabbed her guitar, yanking it out of it’s case and made a bee-line for the stage.

She sat down on the stool, propping one leg up on the bar between the stool legs and put the guitar strap around her, resting her guitar in the proper position. She glanced at the small loner-crowd, which may as well be tilted the “TUMBLR MEET-UP CREW” and opened her mouth, wondering if she should say anything.

She decided against that too, and just started playing, closing her eyes to focus and not freak. The crowd wasn’t there suddenly and all she could feel was the cords under her fingers and all she could hear was the sound they made when strummed.

She played the first song to mind, Misguided Ghosts by Paramore. She hadn’t entirely played to sing, but the words blurted.

“I am going away for a while
But I'll be back, don't try and follow me
'Cause I'll return as soon as possible
See I'm trying to find my place
But it might not be here where I feel safe
We all learn to make mistakes…”

Alexis’ eyes started to sting again for some reason she couldn’t even start to understand so she firmly focused on playing even more so.

“And run
From them, from them
With no direction
We'll run from them, from them
With no conviction

'Cause I'm just one of those ghosts
Traveling endlessly
Don't need no roads
In fact they follow me

And we just go in circles…”

“Well Now I'm told that this is life
And pain is just a simple compromise
So we can get what we want out of it
Would someone care to classify,
Of broken hearts and twisted minds
So I can find someone to rely on…”

She frowned at these lyrics and paused, clearing her throat quietly and continued on, figuring everyone was wondering what the hell was wrong with her at this point.

“And run
To them, to them
Full speed ahead
Oh you are not useless
We are just

Misguided ghosts
Traveling endlessly
The ones we trusted the most
Pushed us far away…”

She thought of Rosemary. She didn’t want too but she did and the irony in those lyrics hit like a brick.

“And there's no one road
We should not be the same
But I'm just a ghost
And still they echo me

They echo me in circles…”

She ended the song in a soft-undertone and placed her hand on the cords to stop their vibration, staring down at the neck of her guitar before getting up before everyone started to ASK what the fuck was wrong with her and went back to her table, sinking down in her seat.

A girl shot her a curious look from over her laptop lid and a guy glanced back and forth at her from his book.

((FF to two hours before new years.))

Alexis forced her way through the new years crowd, stomping her feet onto others, or just to get through. She kept her elbows out to just stab her way through, and so far it was working.

She glanced over, seeing a girl with her guy, both probably already drunk for the new year. She frowned to herself, seeing them kiss and shook her head, storming down the street even more.

It was NOT possible that she was the only person alone and miserable on new years. There had to be others. But most people have friends who can stand them and don’t want them to fall off the face of the earth, she reminded herself.

She took in a deep breath of the freezing air, wincing at how old her lungs grew and how tight her chest became and quickly pulled her jacket zipper up. She was stupid in a lot of ways, wasn’t she? Arrogant. Bitchy. Pessimistic. Temperamental. Those were all A+ grades to the stupid career. The one thing she could excel at.

She missed back just a few months ago when “Bitch” or “Bitchy” was a compliment to her. Now it had turned into one of those, “Yeah I know that’s all I’m good for” kinda things.

She could see the campus in the distance, very thankful that she was getting closer, rather quickly as the crowd led up. She licked her lips and rushed into a slight jog, rushing for the dorms building, swearing she was gonna freeze to death.

Once finally in the dorms building and on her floor, she passed by Terrence who was with his girlfriend, or sister, or friend, whatever. But he looked somewhat tipsy and very freaking cheerful.

“LEXY! CONMANS CUZ.” Terrence greeted with a flailing arm’d hello.

“Uh. Yeah. Hi, bye.” Alexis said quickly and stepped away, rushing over to her door, afraid that Terrence was going to pounce hug her to death.

She stepped in and shut the door behind her, half wondering why she didn’t hear little pitter-patter of Nova’s foot steps and then remembered.

She paused at a thought and gave a weak chuckle. It was funny- she didn’t even have the dog for new years. She shook her head and went off to her bedroom, running her fingers through her hair. Once in there, she took off her guitar, jacket, shoes and etc, before sitting down at her vanity.

She stared in the mirror and moved her skin around on her face a little, to make her look different before leaving it alone and frowned, staring in the mirror still. “…Who the fuck are you for thinking they’d want anything to do with you after what you’ve done, you fucker?” Alexis whispered to herself and moved the mirror so it was pointed downward and got up, going over and took a sleeping pill from her nightstand and threw it back with her water, wanting a heavy sleep tonight, especially from fireworks and she just wanted to sleep, not think about it anymore.

The day between 2010 and 2011 was exactly that, just a day. So it meant nothing to her and it was behind her as she laid on her bed and buried her face in her pillow.

At least, that’s what she wanted to say.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Relationship : "He kiwd meh, Nayfun. I'm fookin' ded."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:45 am

[[From [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:53 am

Jake reached down and scratched Nova's head, he picked up the dog and set him in his lap before resting his head against the window. It was near seven in the morning. Usually Jake would be more wired about coming home like he usually was from trips, but he knew what was waiting for him once he got back home, reality was about to kick him real hard in the ass.

The others had sort of nodded off as the limo pulled out of the airport and drove towards the interstate.

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:00 am

Connor was awake, sitting wherever in the car as he fooled around on his phone, being unusually quiet. He poked at his phone, playing on applications before muttering something as he phone vibed from a text and switched over to it. His eyes widened, then his face turned to confusion and then anger. "What the FUCK?" Some random girl on his hook-up-list (Yes, he had one) had sent him a picture of her baby tubbiness?

He paused and counted on his fingers. Yeah, he had used protection, so this was some sick joke.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:01 am

"What?" Seth asked sleepily, blinking at Connor across the limo.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:09 am

"Some bitch just sent me a picture of her baby chub." Connor replied and sent her a crude reply before shoving his phone in his pocket.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:34 am

Seth cringed. Was it him or was the baby thing being thrown around a little too much? His mind flew briefly to Rose and he relaxed an inch and then frowned, curious. He lifted a leg and nudged Evelyn, who jerked awake, her head having been dropping onto Ashlee's shoulder.

"Huh?" she asked dazedly.

"Jake told me Rose was with you guys. What, did you finally tire of her prissy ass and ditch her in Sin City? What was she even doing in there? Isn't that like, below her level of morality?" Seth asked. "I'd expect her to burst into flames if she set foot in there."

Evelyn responded with a very rude hand gesture.

"Ouch," Seth remarked and elbowed Jake. "Control your untamed spouse."

"So Rose is coming on her own?" Ashton asked Ashlee, just as the limo slowed to a stop by the curb beside her apartment building. The driver leaped out and popped the trunk.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:37 am

Ashlee got up when they slowed in front of her apartment building, "Yeah she said she's flying out with her cousin." She told Ashton, she waved at Evelyn and went to get out of the car and go to get her bags and leave.

Jake stirred and flicked an eye at Seth, then looked to Evelyn, "Be good?" He said unsure of what happened before closing his eyes again. He wasn't in the mood to fix them.

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:41 am

"Was she really that wild of a fuck though dude?" Connor smirked and leaned back the most he could, propping his hands behind his head.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:45 am

Evelyn reached over and hugged Ashlee before she had gotten out of her seat and then turned and flashed a smile at Seth, moving up a bit in the space left by Ashlee.

She stiffened at Connor's question.

Seth waited till he ensured the driver had Ashlee's stuff and was taking it inside for her. Seth leaned out the open door of the limo and wolf-whistled at Ashlee's back before ducking back in and turning to Connor with a smug grin. "Pretty fucking much."

Evelyn's face reddened in anger. Don't say anything. Don't punch Seth. This is his ride. She leaned over to Jake across from her and grabbed Nova from his lax arms, hugging the puppy to her as her hands shook in anger.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:51 am

"What kinda wild? Kinky wild or wanting more wild?" Connor smirked and then made a face as his nose throbbed from inside the cast thingy on it.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:51 am

Ashlee even though she was exhausted had cracked a grin before going through the entrance of her apartment.

"Why you talkin crap about her, she seemed nice." Jake said pushing Seth lightly, but was too tired to even make the blond budge. He had hardly noticed when Evelyn had taken Nova from him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:02 am

Ashton's eyes narrowed. Did they really have to od this with Evelyn sitting right here? ANd did they really have to do this at all?

How was it that Seth didn't know Rose liked him? Or HAD liked him? Whichever! This was just cruel. He somehow couldn't picture Jake doing this to Evelyn.

Speaking of Evelyn....

"She was nice, in bed," Seth said, nudging Jake back playfully. A muscle was going in Evelyn's jaw and Ashton made a mental countdown of thirty seconds in his head.

"Both, actually," Seth added to Connor with a smirk. "Dude, you totally lost out on a good time. She does this - "

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU PATHETIC, INSENSITIVE SLEAZEBAG?!" Evelyn exploded, and Nova jerked from her lap and bounded onto Jake's in fear. Seth jerked back in his seat, alarmed. He'd totally forgotten Evelyn was here!

"What?" he asked meekly. She was a little too close to slap-range for his liking. He suddenly remembered Jake telling him Evelyn had a good swing and edged away, shoving Connor ahead of him. "I'm just - guys do this all the time, Red, it's normal! Ask Jake and Ashton!"

"Don't bring me into this," Ashton said hastily. "For the record, I think you're being a dick, dude."

"Wha-?" Seth glared at him. "You're siding with her?!"

"HE ISN'T BEING A DICK!" Evelyn snapped, fists clenching. Any second now, Seth was going to be awarded a newly renovated nose. "HE'S BEING A PERVERTED, MISOGYNISTIC SEX FIEND! ALONG WITH PINKY OVER HERE!" She pointed a shaking finger at Connor, but her eyes were still on Seth.

Luke snapped out of his nap and blinked his eyes open, shot a glance at the enraged Evelyn and the cringing Seth and closed them again. Business as usual.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:06 am

"...Pinky?" Connor said quietly to himself and shoved Seth back in front. "Dude, I already have a busted nose, YOU take this one!" Connor said quickly, staring at the red hair Medusa.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:18 am

Jake remained silent, he knew Seth talked about all his conquests like this but he didn't have to do it in front of Evelyn. He would think after nearly becoming a father to Rose's almost child that Seth would settle down.

"Dude just...grow up." Jake told him quietly.

James had woken and was awake for some of this since usually he was the receiving end of Evelyn's feminism speeches, but he had heard enough of these in three years so he returned to dreaming of supermodels.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:24 am

Seth shot Jake a wide-eyed glance and then turned to Connor. "We've lost him. It's official. He's grown a heart!"

Evelyn had relaxed back into her seat slightly because they were no longer talking about Rose, but her hands remained fisted on her lap.

"Oh, come on, Jake," Seth said, annoyed as he quirked an eyebrow. "Like you never accepted bragging rights about your conquests?"

Evelyn, deciding she really didn't want to hear what Seth might say next about Jake's "conquests", turned and looked out the window, suddenly wishing they'd just reach campus so she could get away from these boys. At least from these three boys.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:27 am

Jake just ignored Seth, it was just way too early for all of this stupid crap.

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:27 am

Connor snorted. "Mexican bastard, HOW DARE THEE!" He howled.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:32 am

Jake clenched his jaw and narrowed brown eyes at Connor, there was nothing more he hated then when people lumped him as a Mexican, there was a difference! "I'm not a fucking Mexican! I'm a Spaniard, I come from Spain! There's a huge difference so don't even say stupid shit like that!" Jake growled.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:35 am

Seth raised both eyebrows at Jake. "What the fuck is with you, geez? It was a joke, Enrique." Although knowing Jake's dislike of being mistaken for a Mexican, he could get it. But still, it wasn't like everyone should be expected to know Jake hated being called a Mexican.

Ashton was shifting in his seat, wishing the car would stop. They were now in Greenwich. Nova, startled, jerked from Jake's lap and clambered onto the seat by Evelyn, who was now nursing her aching hand and figured Seth deserved a little of Jake's annoyance.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:36 am

Connor rolled his eyes and shook his head, shutting up in fear of getting his nose broken even worse- which would involve it being broken off his face, he figured.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:38 am

"Whatever." Jake said annoyed, and focused his eyes elsewhere. He just wanted to get back now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:41 am

This reminded Seth of their Mexican neighbor. "Damn, I bet El Taco down the hall moved months ago." He figured he'd let Jake cool off from whatever was bugging him.

"He did," Ashton said glumly. "I tried to move into his dorm room but someone else got it."

Evelyn flashed Ashton a small smile but couldn't really shake off the odd discomfort in her stomach brought on by Seth's careless commentary. Nova rested his head on her lap and she stroked his head with her good hand.

"Bitch, you wanted to ditch us??" Seth exclaimed as the limo pulled through Greenwich. Pretty soon, it stopped and Ashton grinned at Seth and hopped out before the driver could open the door.

Evelyn already had her bag and coat on her, and she followed suit silently. Nova trotted beside her as she stepped onto the pavement and grabbed her duffel bag, slinging it with her good hand onto the top of her wheeled suitcase. This was going to be tricky and she wished she'd just gone to the damn hospital back in Vegas.

Luke nudged James awake and stepped out, grabbing his own bags after Seth had. He flashed a smile at Evelyn and took her duffel from her so she could hold Nova's leash with her bandaged hand.

[[Everyone to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:56 pm

[[ Siren and Bastard from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]

Jake followed her out of the party outside, and began walking. "But Red, I'm a dungeon dragon! Roar, roar!" He said imitating Nicki Minaj's voice and growling at her, then tripped over a more raised part of the sidewalk.

"Okay confession time, I'm still a lil drunk." He grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:09 pm

"That near-dive into traffic didn't tip me off," Evelyn retorted, grabbing the back of Jake's jacket before he fell into the road. She yanked him back and resumed walking.

"Did your parents talk to you?" she asked absently, suddenly remembering reality.

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next