New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open]

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 Empty Re: ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open]

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:51 pm

"I..." Seth sat up, looking from Jake to Ashton. Neither of them looked like they were kidding.

Seth swallowed, starting to feel sick. And like he needed to punch something again.

"Okay...so....until we know she is, uh...for sure, there's nothing to do but wait." He ran a hand through his hair again and stood up. "I'm gonna...gonna hit the gym. I need to...."

He trailed off, looking, for once, somewhat lost.

"Break something?" Ashton finished helpfully. Seth nodded, still staring at the window.

After a moment when he didn't move, Ashton glanced at Jake and remarked, "Can you imagine a Seth junior preening himself in the bathroom mirror?"

Seth turned and glared at him before stalking out of the room. "I'll catch you later, Jake."

Ashton grimaced at Jake and figured he should follow the anxious blond before he set someone's car on fire (again). "Later bro. We'll come by later tonight."

[[Ashton and Seth back to Dorms]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 13 Empty Re: ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open]

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:19 am

Detach and move on, pain is mental. There is no such thing as pain, its all in your head.

Jake was told this from a very young age, from his coaches, his father and even other people in his life. That if you can detach yourself from painful situations, you feel no pain. Jake believed that, he believed that with every injury he had gotten and any fight or challenge he got into with another guy, if the guy was twice his height or his same size . Jake never felt remorse or guilt for beating the crap out of someone if they set him off, he didn't feel bad if they broke their bones or were lying in hospital beds.

All Jake ever did in his life was when things got painful or hurt was he'd detach and put his guard up. He never let people get hits on him, or show that they effected him in any way whatsoever.

Jake never wanted people to hurt him, when he started acting up he detached from Ryder. When things were crappy at home he detached himself from his parents and Lola.

Now after Rachel had managed to snake her way through his defense and leave a hole in it, a hole he thought he fixed. Evelyn managed to slip through a crack. And as much as he put his guard up or tried to be a complete jerk to Evelyn or push her away and pretend his feelings didn't exist he knew what was true.

What was true was that Rachel was his past and she would remain his past. After all she did to him, he had no desire to be with anyone even remotely similar to her in any way. He knew the feelings he has for Evelyn aren't the same he had for Rachel.

Evelyn actually talked to him, and even when he was driving her insane half the time she would actually put up with him and return the feeling. He loved laying with her and just being in her presence for long periods of time. The way she laughed, smiled. How her eyes became a darker shade of emerald when she would glare at him during arguments. He knew he wanted nothing more than to be with her, to be the one to take her out on dates and show her off. To spend days just talking, or travel with her.

She was the first thing he thought about and the last thing he thought about before sleeping. He even dreamed of her. Evelyn was on his mind when he didn't want her to be.

He wanted to be the one to kiss her on New Years Eve.

But she wanted nothing to do with him and he knew it would never work no matter how much he tried to believe it could. He had the feeling that maybe this was just some sort of passing fling, the only reason Jake was being so mean was because he had that feeling in the back of his head that she would run to James once she realized that she still had feelings for James. It was why he was being so mean, trying to make the hurt less painful. So he wasn't the guy who fell in love with another guys girl. He didn't want to be the guy who got left again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:15 am

[[Seth and Ashton from Dorms]]

Jake was asleep when they got to his room. The boys worked quickly, placing the little Christmas tree Seth had bought by his window and stringing up its lights around its branches and plugging them in to light up.

Then Ashton set to setting up a few decorative wreaths and ribbons around the room and Seth piled Jake's Christmas gifts near the tree.

He paused at an unmarked box. It reminded him of his own anonymous gift. The box sounded like it contained fabric. There was a card with a generic message and a hand-drawn SAD smiley face. What the fuck? Who would draw that on a freaking Christmas card?

He frowned and set the box and card down under the three anyways, glancing over at the sleeping Jake. You got weird-ass-acquaintances, bro.

Seth's own gift to Jake had been rather unusual. He remembered Jake's love of snapping pictures at inappropriate times, so he had gotten him a Video Camera Pen that snapped photos and took videos of a fairly good quality. Ashton's gift had been a beer holster, a nifty holster attachable to any belt or jeans waist so a guy could use both hands while holding onto his drink. Practical for an alcoholic party-boy like Jake.

"We done?" Ashton asked Seth. Seth nodded and then pointed out the unnamed gift. Ashton shrugged.

"Maybe it was from a Miss Claus too?" he suggested, smirking. Seth grinned and shrugged as they left.

[[Seth and Ashton to Dorms]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:52 am

[[FF to Christmas!]]

Jake had gotten up kind of early, way before his parents or Lola had arrived with her mother and Olivia.

Seth had texted him letting him know that he had stopped by to drop off presents to him from the guys and a few of his other friends. Knowing how Seth liked to give him less than apporiate gifts, he figured he'd open them before his parents arrived and his mother told him that Seth was "the devil in disguise."

Jake had gotten a kick out of the beer holster from Ashton, and Seth's spy camera gift was really awesome and he knew he'd have more than one place to use it. Finally he arrived to a gift, that had a card on it. He opened the inside of it but this time was surprised to see the handwritten sad face in the card as opposed to the happy faced one that was there with the ducks.

A pang of guilt went through Jake as he could figure as to why Evelyn had done that and it was obvious because of when he had insulted her the last time she had visited. But he knew it was for the best, at least he thought he did? He pushed those thoughts aside and opened up the present. There had been inside the box a wicked looking red Ed Hardy hoodie, but before Jake could even begin to admire it, his face had paled from tan to white in about two seconds when he saw the huge CENTEPIDE!!

"FUCK!" Jake yelled tossing the box across the floor, before the thing could crawl out and attack him!

That was really freaking low of Evelyn! But he should have known he had it coming! God damn it, why did it have to be the damn bugs!? Jake thought as he anxiously awaited for it to crawl out of the box.

A few moments had passed and the demon hadn't moved from its spot, it had probably been calling its boys for back up. Just then his nurse Rhonda came in and gave a odd glance at the frightened Spaniard.

"Boy what is wrong with chu?" She asked in her ghetto accent.

"C-c-centipede." Jake stuttered pointing a shaky finger at the box on the floor.

"Cente-what?" Rhonda asked walking towards the box she looked at the box, then at Jake, then back at the box. Then once again at Jacob, "You afraid of this tiny ass bug on this nice sweater yo friend brought chu? You are aware you're bigger than it are you?"

"Please kill it!" Jake pleaded not wanting to even hear about it.

Rhonda rolled her eyes and went to the bathroom to grab a paper to kill the bug, as she bent down to pick it up off of Jacob's sweater without squshing it onto the expensive hoodie, she realized that the bug had only been a toy and was obviously planted by Jacob's friends to scare him, "Boy you need to get yoself new friends, if they keep scarin yo like dis! Dis bug is faker than Pam Andersons breasts."

Jacob looked up, and felt his cheeks burn out of embarassment and soon annoyance! The nurse got rid of the toy, and brought Jake his present and set it on his bed for him. Jacob took out the sweater now since it had been vermin free and looked at it, it had been a bright red color with golden print and a tiger on the back. It was a really nice hoodie, it was probably expensive too. Since Jake remembered his black Ed Hardy setting him back quite a bit.

Jake sighed knowing that this present from Evelyn would just constantly remind him of her, especially since it had been red and that had been one of his many nicknames from her. God he hated and loved this gift so much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:51 am

[[Seth from SoM]]

"SETH CLAUS IS HEEEERE!" Seth announced, swinging open Jake's door with a resounding bang that had people out in the hall screaming in fear.

Strutting in and kicking the door closed, Seth dumped the bag with Nova in it on Jake's lap, held up a hand, saying, "WAIT, don't open it yet!", ignored Nova's whining and drew the drapes to the window that opened onto the hallway before placing the McDonald's bag on the table by Jake's bed. "And I got you dinner and a bitch this year, 'cause you've been a good boy!"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:58 am

Jake had been startled by Seth's arrival. He ignored the McDonald's and his stomach growling at the smell of food. He opened the bag Nova was in and pulled him out.

"Nova, you okay?" Jake asked him as if he could responded, he looked the beagle over. He seemed alright, but was probably mentally traumatized from whatever Seth had to do to get him. Poor dog!

Jake pet Nova's head, and hugged the puppy. He really did miss the dog but he had to get Seth to take him back, "Seth what the hell were you thinking?! You have to take him back she's super pissed! And what makes you think she won't get back at you?!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:02 am

"'Cause if she has an ounce of intellect in that pretty head, she'll know getting even with me is just asking for more shit than she can handle," Seth said confidentially. He wasn't scared of some smart-mouthed, prissy, French chick!

He reached over and grabbed the McDonald's bag, taking out one of the burger meals in it and started on the burger. His empty stomach nearly died in glee. "I'm not taking him back. Suggest that one more time ad I'll call Lola in here to kick your ass after she lied out of hers so Evelyn wouldn't beat the shit out of Connor."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:07 am

"What?! You got Lo involved! What the hell Seth! Take him back, if they catch Nova here they'll throw him in the street! Listen I appreciate what you guys did, but did you really break her alarm? Please just take him back." Jake begged Seth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:10 am

"I'm not leaving him here, stupid," Seth said stubbornly, ignoring Nova's agitated whines as the pup sensed Jake's mood and nuzzled his chin. "I'mma take him back to our dorm and hten bring him with me every time I, or the clones, come visit. We're not taking him back - you have NO idea how many people were involved in this heist and we even fucking roadtripped to Brooklyn!"

He narrowed annoyed blue eyes at Jake. "Why the fuck are you that scared of her? Honestly, if she tries to come beat you up in here or something, just tell her I have him. And that it isn't your fault. Or tell security not to let a psychotic redhead in if they see one!"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:25 pm

"I'm not scared of her Seth..." Jake groaned running a hand through his hair, he scratched Nova's ears and fixed brown eyes at Seth, "Listen I get whatever you guys did to bring him here so I can see him its just... you really had to break her alarm? I mean did you ever consider just asking her! I mean she may not like me but I don't think she would have been that evil."

Jake wasn't sure why he felt so bad, he had just been saying to himself a few moments before Seth barged in that the dog was rightfully his, and that he had every right to keep him. But would he really had gone to the length as breaking in her dorm, and getting his friends involved? He knew Evelyn would seek revenge on Lola, Seth, and whoever else was involved.

He knew they were doing a good thing, trying to be good friends and make him feel better but they really didn't have to go to this length.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:35 pm

"Don't delude yourself, you know she would have turned me down if I'd asked for the mutt," Seht replied, starting on his fries now. He glanced up at Jake and frowned. "And seriously, quit harping about revenge. I'm not worried and you shouldn't be either."

He recalled his conversation with Lola. "And the girl's spinning you a mind-game - clearly, least we can do is get a little payback."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Jake reached over and pulled out food from the McDonald's bag, watching Seth eat was making him hungry he stuffed a few fries in his mouth and raised an eyebrow at him, "A mind game? What are you talking about? "

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:57 pm

"Look, I asked Lola about it," Seth said bluntly. "The whole hoodie thing, ditching James for you on formal night qnd then still doing her damned platonic relationship-only stand." He frowned again and Nova leaped forward, grabbing a fry out of his fingers. "Little bitch," Seth muttered. "Anyway, Jake, we have theories but given the shit she's putting you through, this isi good wholesome revenge."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:58 pm

Jake gave a small smile down at Nova, and rubbed his pudgy little belly. "Hey no fries for you remember?" Jake lifted his eyes back up at Seth, he was always so confused by Evelyn's actions. She would come to him and say how they could never be anything and that nothing would ever work but she had went to formal with James and she came here and ended up spending the night with him?

She said she didn't want to lead him on or make him think that she had feelings for him when she really didn't. First she's spending the night with him and then she's putting fake centepiedes in his Christmas gifts?

"What theories, what were you and Lola talking about?" Jake asked, growing a bit more concerned that they were actually agreeing and getting along.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 pm

"Lola thinks Red still likes you," Seth said simply, shrugging and starting on his soda. "But she doesn't want to or some shit, I got confused there. But Lola wasn't sure what the reason was behind that, but uh, she maybe might have a thing for James, so she's confused but then it doesn't explain why she'd ditch the guy on a major night when he was all fancy and shit for her, you know? Makes zero sense in the her-liking-him category. So she probably still has a thing for you but decided you're too ugly or something." Seth smirked. "Then again, you do hang aorund me, so I'm sure you and every other guy pales by comparison."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Jake narrowed his eyes at Seth threw French Fries at his head, "Ha ha." Although that sounded like a sound theory. If she had been confused about her feelings for him and James it would make sense why she would go back and forth between them, but then why would she just ditch James on formal when he was her date?

"Why is it that my damned relationships are like trying to build something from Ikea and of course I would get lucky enough to get only the Swedish instructions?" Jake asked wondering why his relationships couldn't simply be "Hey I like you, lets be together." It just always had to be hard. He set Nova down and let him walk around on his bed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:10 pm

"Dude, this is why I'm gonna die single," Seth replied, catching a fry in his mouth. "Kind of like a Hugh Heifner thing, minus the ugliness. I'mma be a badass pimp and supply bitches for your bachelor party before you marry the witch."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:12 pm

"Man screw marriage, I can't even hold onto a girl. What makes you think I'll be able to grab a wife? Speaking of Hugh Hefner I heard he's getting married. So much for bachelorhood, if his old ass is finally getting married." Jake snorted unwrapping a burger.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:15 pm

"Yeah..." Seth said, frowning again. "That was like a blow below the belt to me, you know? Like, god damn it, man, what about all us single guys who like to just screw around and avoid marriage like the plague? He just left us out to dry!" Seth's eyes widened and Nova yipped at him in annoyance. Seth shoved his crumpled up burger box into Nova's mouth to shut him up. "Connor and I nearly had heart attacks when we found out. Not cool."

He paused and smirked at Jake. "And you just make bad choices in women, is all. Doesn't mean you can't hold onto a girl. I mean, you clearly stole one, you rotten bastard," he said laughingly.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Jake shot Seth a glare as he removed the hamburger box from Nova's mouth and tossed it in the trash, he shook his head. "Yeah right I stole a girl that wants nothing to do but run away from me or use me as a freaking yo-yo. Damn bitches. Oh well at least until Red seizes her attack on the hospital I got Nova." He grinned petting the beagle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Seth half-wondered what Evelyn planned to do in retaliation. "Oh, wait, you said she was pissed - I take it she called?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:32 pm

"Yeah she called and snapped and shit. She threatened to strangle me with my own IV, but whatever. I know she'll get back at you guys though. You remember what she did to my phone, but I'm sure it will be a lot worse." Jake said nonchalantly now, he knew he really couldn't stop an Evelyn attack from here so they just needed to keep their guard up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Seth couldn't help but laugh because he could picture Evelyn strangling Jake with his IV cord perfectly. Seth paused briefly, a little concerned now. Poor Blackberry in the path of the redhead/brunette's wrath. "Well...." He frowned at Jake and then grinned. "You wuss, you're scared of the ex-wife, huh?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:36 pm

"Dude if she could hurt me, I have every right to be scared." Jake said scratching at his arm.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Seth snorted. "You're almost completely back to normal now, dude, you can take her," he pointed out. "Aren't you being let out of here real soon?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next