Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Freshmen Dorms

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Freshmen Dorms

Post  JulietsCurse on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 am

Alexis went over to Nova's food bowl, giving up for the moment on talking to Evelyn. She gave him a bit more food and filled up his water bowl again before grabbing one of her vitamin waters from the fridge and glanced back to the hallway. She took a deep breath and set the bottle back down after taking a LARGE drink from it and started back for Evelyn's room.
JulietsCurse

Relationship : "He kiwd meh, Nayfun. I'm fookin' ded."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:58 am

Evelyn was hurrying, her bad hand slowing her down, folding things much more haphazardly than she usually would have. She shoved the last of her clothes in and then changed her mind and tipped her duffel bag upside down into her suitcase. She needed room for her books for the week.

She grabbed her schoolbag and dumped it on top of the pile of folded clothes, and threw in a couple pairs of boots and a pair of flip flops. She walked to her closet, grabbed a few generic necklaces and flung them into the suitcase. A law textbook, and then a bag of dog biscuits for Nova, a bag of pet food and his puppy hat, which cushioned her laptop in its pocket, went on top. She added a few undergarments, a scrunchie and a beret, and was done. She'd just need to grab Nova's food dishes from the kitchen.
Tiger-Lily
Admin

View user profile http://newyorkbeats.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:06 am

Alexis paused in the doorway, watching her before clearing her throat quietly. "...Can I talk to you.. just.. for a moment? Please?"
JulietsCurse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:09 am

"Shit!" Evelyn jerked in shock and almost dropped the boot she was stuffing into the suitcase while she sat on it and tried to zip it up. She hadn't realized Alexis was standing there!

Evelyn looked up at her and her hat tipped off her head, rolling across the floor awkwardly. Evelyn cleared her throat and sat up, brushing her tangled hair out of her face as her stomach twisted nervously. Oh no. "Uh, hi....sure?" she said uncertainly.
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:31 am

Alexis stared at Evelyn, and then glanced at what she was doing before taking a deep breath and lowered her eyes down to the ground, messing with the neck of her cardigan. "I'm sorry. For everything and please, don't think "well that doesn't mean shit" because that's not all I've got to say. I'm fucked up, mentally, I know that, and everyone has to know it. I have issues and no good enough explanations from them. I take things out on people and sometimes I just make people feel like shit for no reason. A..and I realize that now, and I've set up dates to go to someone to get help." She nodded a little.

"I was okay when I got here- and no, I don't know what happened, other... then..." Alexis paused and licked her lips, bypassing that and finally looked up at Evelyn.

"I know very well that "I'm sorry" will never fix anything I've said or done, and I'm sorry. I'm really fucking sorry that you've had to deal with me up until now and I'm sorry that I cut everyone off from me. Everything HAS been my fault- everything I've felt has been masochism to it's best. And everything I've done is just sadism. I'm sorry that... you got stuck with a psychopathic bitch as a roommate, who's probably bipolar or some shit." She gave a weak laugh, and swallowed at the knot in her throat.

"I really don't blame you for packing up and leaving again a-and I...I..." She shook her head slowly. "You never deserved any of the shit I gave you. None of you did." She said before turning and went back to her room, not sure she wanted Evelyn's reply. She had gotten out what she wanted to say and this time she really meant it. She sat down on the bed and put her head in her hands, taking deep breaths.
JulietsCurse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:55 am

Evelyn froze in disbelief and just sat there on the bulging suitcase for a second, Alexis' words ringing through her head. Where the...where the hell had that come from?! Leaving her behind? Was that what had finally snapped her out of her funk?

Evelyn realized she was crushing her boot and quickly shoved it into the suitcase and zipped it up the rest of the way, head whirling as she went back over Alexis' little speech.

One thing she knew though, Alexis wasn't bipolar. Not by a long shot. Evelyn had spent enough time around a certified bipolar to know that. So what was Alexis, psychopathic? Or just unstable and angry? Bitter?

Evelyn suddenly felt horribly guilty for all the time she'd spent with Rose. But should she feel guilty? It wasn't like she'd deliberately ignored Alexis. Still, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl. Alexis had lost her best friend on top of being socially isolated. That had to hurt.

Evelyn didn't know if she accepted the apology. After months of continual snide commentary and slander, she didn't feel very forgiving. So she had messed up, yes, but it wasn't fun knowing even your own home in a foreign city wasn't a safe haven. A lot of her unsettling feelings, a sensation of being lost, of mucking up continually, had actually resulted from Alexis' behaviour and Evelyn recalled the two breakdowns she'd had, both unfortunately on James, that had come about as a consequence.

So how much did she feel like forgiving?

She approved of Alexis finally coming to terms with her problem though. It was a definite change from her continually calling Evelyn a slut. But it wasn't really enough. That was a fact neither of them could do much about. It was a little late on its own.

But Alexis might have an actual problem if she was getting professional help. Evelyn paced her room a little, running her hand through her hair again and mussing it up.

She'd forgiven Jake for his bipolar anger, hadn't she? But that hadn't really lasted so long. And Jake had apologized for it almost instantly. Many times.

Right now, with the memory of what had happened in Vegas fresh in Evelyn's mind, she couldn't even begin to think about anyone else's problems. She was sick of caring.

But Alexis did have one thing wrong.

Evelyn ran her good hand through her hair once more and headed out of her room, walking in a dazed move toward Alexis' room. She paused in the doorway and bit her lip, feeling sympathy ity prick at her again. She cleared her throat and her voice came out softly.

"I'm not leaving because of..." She paused. It would be a lie if she said it wasn't because of Alexis at all. Even if Jake was the main reason. "I just needed to get away from the guys." She hesitated, leaning in the doorway and not really sure what to do from here. Say goodbye?

She bit her lip harder and tasted blood. "I don't want....don't want to hold a grudge. I'd love to forgive and forget but I can't do both. I do want to forgive you, though, later, and I'm sorry if it looked like I was taking Rose away from you."
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:03 am

Alexis wasn't sure if she COULD talk farther, and kept her hands over her face, tears threatening to over spill. "...Be honest, Evelyn. I wouldn't want to stay in my own personal hell if I had the choice to go somewhere else either. A home is somewhere you can go to get away from everything, not come back to some sick bitch." She said as calmly as she could manage, almost hitting mono tone. That's what she wanted because she absolutely wanted to so no emotion- it was easier to not get upset that way. "You never stole Rose- you two just.. clicked and had more in common. Thank you- for helping her when I didn't, also..."
JulietsCurse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:15 am

Evelyn straightened up, feeling uncomfortable all over again. Alexis' voice was signaling a flat monotone that indicated she was steeling herself. Evelyn hadn't seen Alexis cry in months and the thought disturbed her.

"N-no problem," she mumbled uncertainly. She shifted from one foot to another, her tights feeling cold against the wood floor. "I..." She heaved a breath. "I'm not...it's just, some shit happened in Vegas and I really want to get away from it." She really couldn't think about this right now. She was already aching to go, seek refuge and sort out the panic in her head over the whole messed up wedding and its aftermath. Especially its aftermath. She was also dreading Monday. For related reasons.

Wait, she shouldn't be dreading it! Seth had mentioned on the plane that the law offices would be open on Monday. This was the end they all needed. To erase the stupidity of Vegas. What was wrong with her?

"I - I'll be back next weekend. Um, Rose is flying in later today. If....if you want, I can talk to her for you?" Evelyn said.
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:35 am

"No- it's fine. She needs to go home and probably... do like she always did, watch zombie movies and eat phish food ice cream. I'll be fine Evelyn- so um. Have fun with whoever you're staying with, Ashlee, I'm guessing. Or Carrie..." Alexis shrugged.
JulietsCurse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:39 am

"Carrie's right upstairs. It won't give me much salvation from, um, people, if I stay with her," Evelyn explained, wanting Alexis to know it wasn't her Evelyn was running from.

Well, mostly. Evelyn turned and walked back to her room, not bothering to change as she pulled on her coat and scarf and shoes again. She dragged her suitcase to the hallway beside the front door and then paused, wondering how this would work.

She'd come back to her stuff later, she figured. Hospital first because her hand wasn't operating at all. She grabbed Nova's feeding dishes, washed them and packed them away, and after feeding him a few dog treats, left her suitcase by the door and walked back to Alexis' room. "Um, I'll see you Friday night, or something," she said quietly. "Don't beat yourself up, Ale - Lex. You're on the right track."
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:43 am

Alexis didn't say anything but her fingers tightened and pushed to the point that the tips turned white and she made the smallest noise in indication of crying but she kept her palms against her eyes, and didn't make any indication about it again. And she wasn't going to- even if she had to hold her breath to make sure of it.
JulietsCurse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:47 am

Evelyn at one point would have gone over and hesitantly hugged her roommate like she had the day Alexis had come home after punching Luke in her music class.

This time, though, she just heaved a sigh and turned around, unwilling to take on any more misery especially if it wasn't hers. "Bye, Alexis." She turned and trudged out the door, changing her mind and dragging her suitcase with her. She'd take it to he hospital so she could just stay in Midtown and head to Ashlee's directly from there. Nova trekked behind her and she checked to ensure none of the damn boys were in view as she exited the suite and dorm building.

[[Evelyn to Hospital (unRP'd) and then to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:51 am

Alexis listened till she heard Evelyn shut the dorm door and then listened to how quiet it was, except for any noise outside. She had gotten used to it though, and the only different noise as she sudden sniffling and whimpering as she moved to lay down on her bed and pulled her pillow into a tight hug, burying her face in it. She honest to god, wished she could tell herself the same thing anymore. She wished she could just tell herself "Goodbye".
JulietsCurse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:02 am

[[FF to Sunday Evening]]

After having slept most of the day away, Jake had spent most of his day sort of unpacking and reorganizing things. Seth had told him that they had made an appointment to meet with a divorce lawyer tomorrow and that by tomorrow afternoon, Vegas would have just been a bad drunken memory of his past.

So since that was happening tomorrow he was holding off on any sort of communication with his parents, because at least by the time he would talk to them he'd be divorced. Although his mother was very against divorce, she wouldn't probably be nearly as mad and probably have had time to cool off and probably not write him out of the will.

Jake had been sitting on his bed when his phone beeped, he went over to it and opened up the e-mail from his professor:

To: Jacob Salazar: sal.jake13@yahoo.com
Subject: Final Exams
Date: January 02, 2011 08:15:12 EST

Dear Mr Salazar,

It was brought to my attention that you were unable to complete your final exams due to sustaining an injury, in which we received a doctor's note from which excused you from your exams until you were released from the hospital and able to take them.

I write to you on the eve of Sunday January 02, 2011. Your exams still not done, and the new semester just beginning tomorrow. Now as your professor I have right in failing you from your course and since your other professors have also been generous enough to let me know that you have not taken your exams for their courses as well.

Now you seem like a responsible young man, your previous grades from your high school were good and it was also shown that you were given a scholarship to attend this institution, and being that most kids cannot afford to go to school, I'm sure the money is very helpful in paying for your courses. Now I hope you know that since you have obtained your scholarship that the school checks up on its students to make sure that they are being responsible and that they aren't wasting their money on some kids who have no desire to learn or even want to earn a degree.

We were able to check through our school databases some of your Facebook status updates, since kids of your generation are so inclined of detailing their every living moment. And we found out that you had been released early from the hospital but instead of coming to take your exams you had decided that you had put in enough hard work this semester and treated yourself to a lovely weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada. In which we would also like to congratulate you on your recent marriage on a lighter note.

However we here at NYU do not take to this sort of behavior lightly, and that this in no way is how we want our scholarship students behaving. So as of January 01, 2011. You were placed on probation with your scholarship and that if we see another incident like this that we will take away your scholarship from you and give it to someone more deserving. You have until Friday January 07, 2011. 11:59 PM to complete ALL of your finals for last semesters courses or you will fail.

Another email has been sent with your schduled exam times.

Thank you, and Happy New Years

Professor Carter

"Shit..." Jake said reading all of that and pocketing his phone! He had completely forgotten in getting married, and escaping the hospital that he had to make up his finals! And sure he had been studying before he had gotten stabbed, but now he had to cram for about four exams in one night?!

Sure he had until the end of the week to finish them, but on top of picking up extra shifts to work since he had been calling off and getting so much time off. On top of all the money he wasted in Vegas there was no way he could lose his scholarship!

"Seth!" Jake yelled, "SETH!" He said walking out of his room and knocking on Seth's door. There was no way he would have time to go get divorced, at least not now! This was such shit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:07 am

Seth swung open his door and nearly got hit in the face by Jake's flailing hands. He ducked sideways. "Whoooaaaa. What?!"
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:09 am

"Okay I'm an idiot, and shut up. Listen I freaking forgot about my exams and I can't get divorced tomorrow I need to study and somehow finish all my exams by this week cause they found out I went to Vegas and if I don't they'll take my scholarship! And, and! UGH!" Jake was talking about a million words a minute but he couldn't help it! It had been nearly a month since he had studied for all of those classes, he had forgotten practically everything and now he would have to at least get B's on all of his tests.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:12 am

"So you're basically fucked," Seth commented, raising an eyebrow. He gnawed the inside of his cheek. "I'll bet we can totally help you study, bro! Don't worry about it, you'll pass! Or at least, Ashton will make sure you do." He punched Jake's shoulder and then cringed, remembering Jake was still somewhat "dainty".
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:14 am

"Right, right thanks." Jake nodded, wincing slightly and then he remembered! He needed to let Evelyn know.

Shit! She was not gonna be happy about this at all, especially since she wanted nothing more than to end this whole fake marriage, she would now have to be Mrs. Salazar for another week.

"Oh crap I gotta let Red know." Jake gulped taking out his phone to call Evelyn as he walked back to his room closing his door, he dialed her number waiting for it as it rang.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:19 am

[[Interception form Ashlee's apartment]]

Evelyn and Ashlee were having a light dinner when Evelyn's phone ran in her bag. She sighed, put down her fork and got up, striding over to answer the call.

Her stomach lurched when Jake's name flashed on her caller ID. A knot twisted nervously in her stomach.

"Hey, Jake," she said nonchalantly as she could, grimacing at Ashlee and sitting down on the couch as Nova ran circles around it. Oriana was pattering about in the kitchen, making herself a sandwich - apparently the two roomies didn't eat together.
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:22 am

Jake heard her voice and took a breath, "Heeey Red. Listen I um... okay I'm gonna come out and say it. Even though you'll probably wanna kill me, but. Since you know that whole stabbing thing, yeah well. I still haven't taken my exams and I need to take them before Friday night or else my professors will fail me and they'll take my scholarship away sooo, I won't be able to make it to the divorce hearing tomorrow! I know I know! I'm an idiot and I'm sorry but I promise by next week we'll be divorced!" Jake told her, hoping that she wouldn't find the strength to come murder him in his sleep.

Although sleeping would be the last thing he was doing tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 am

Evelyn had already started biting nervously on her lip the moment Jake said he had something to tell her. And nwo she froze in horror.

Oh no. This was not in the plan! This was not hwo it was suppsoed to be tackled and erased! How were they to erase stupid Vegas if she had a week to recall everything that went down?!

Right now, her memory was blanking out...mostly everything about her damned wedding night, a fact she hated and yet was grateful for.

But still, it wasn't like he'd planned this. What could either of them do about it?

Evelyn realized she was clutching her phone so hard, her left hand's knuckles had turned white. She losened her grip and cleared her throat, resisting a sudden urge to slap Jake's nonchalance out of his voice. Was he insane?!

"Okay," she murmured, unable to think of anything to say. She closed her eyes and massaged her forehead, ignoring Nova's whines. "Just - just let me know when."
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 am

"Listen I'm really sorry, I feel bad I do! Its just you know... I'm freaking out and I'm rambling and I'm sorry. I'm done didn't mean to bother you but I had to let you know before you went there and found out I wasn't there. But I will let you know as soon as I have a moment free next week we will go and um take care of this. Sorry again." Jake knew saying sorry wasn't really going to fix things automatically but he felt like he couldn't say it enough to her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 am

She paused a moment and then just sighed. She should be mad at him, probably. "Okay," she repeated herself in that same even voice. She hung up abruptly, set her phone down and rubbed her hands over her face.

Then she walked back to her plate and picked up her fork, digging it into her noodles. "So, uh, Jake just told me he can't make it tomorrow. He has to make up for missing his exams and if he doesn't do it this week, he'll lose his scholarship."

She stabbed at a piece of chicken rather hastily just as Ashlee's phone buzzed.

Seth had found out details of their appointment tomorrow. He texted them to Ashlee.

8:30 AM @ 213 28th Street. Booked under both our names. Also, Jake and Evelyn might not be joining us.
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 am

Jake made a face at his phone, he could tell even in her even tone that she probably wasn't thrilled to hear that. Jake figured it was best if he left her alone for now, and study for his finals.

"I see, how do you feel about that?" Ashlee asked. Wondering just how her best friend was feeling about all of this because truthfully she gave off a lot of mixed signals about it.

She picked up her phone and texted Seth back. Cool beans, and yeah just heard from Ev too about Jake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:11 am

Ur not out of my way much. Will come by at 8 n pick u up. Very Happy

Seth dumped his phone in his pocket and headed over next door to Jake's room, strutting in and dropping on the end of his bed. "So how'd she take it?"

Evelyn blinked at Ashlee and then looked hastily down at her plate, feeling an uncomfortable knot in her stomach. She hated feeling so confused. She knew she was happy the divorce wouldn't take any longer than next week. Of course she was. She was just...feeling weird about it. That was all. Hopefully. "I'm annoyed, of course. How else would I feel?" she asked, somewhat defensively.
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top