New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas]

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 Empty Re: James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas]

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:46 am

Luke heaved a breath. "I...don't know. Did you ever get closure? Do you want to know what went wrong? This isn't my decision."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 12 Empty Re: James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas]

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:58 am

"That's the thing Luke, I don't think I ever really did. Its just... I'm scared. I'm scared I'll just get sucked back in and I don't want that, and its so hard for me to like look at her without sitting there thinking how pretty she looks and all that other crap. Its like you sit here and talk to me about old memories from Ash Creek, and you know it hurts but when I'm in front of her, all those memories all that stuff I said to her it just its like someone is choking me. I don't know if I can." James said, sitting down on his bed, putting his phone down, he lay down on his back; blue eyes fixed on the ceiling.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:00 am

Luke drew out a breath, completely baffled. "I...."

He really, really didn't know what to say. "Should we ask Ash?" he said abruptly. "She knows Evelyn...she'll tell you if Ev has something worth hearing."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:11 am

James picked up his phone to after it vibrated again, he looked at it and responded to a message from Haley and somehow ended up on his Facebook again. He looked through his news feed, giving a faint smile at Connor's drunken statuses, until he landed on another photo Ashlee had decided to upload to the "Get JEv back together album"

It was a picture of him and her at the park this time in Ash Creek when school had just started, he stared intently at it for a moment. It seemed so natural so easy, his hold on Evelyn's waist, and even the setting was just so easy and relaxing.

He wanted his life to be like that moment had been captured, just calm for once. Although he was more than sure chaos had probably ensued after that photo was taken since he had kissed her head.

"Yeah we can ask Ash for advice... we can also ask her why she keeps putting pictures up of me and Evelyn too." He said in monotone. The picture just didn't offend him, he just didn't know what else to feel.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:14 am

Luke nodded, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He speed-dialed the vivacious brunet. The call went through. "Hey, Ashers. Got a minute? James has a dilemma. And no, he isn't going to yell at you. Here." He handed the phone over to James.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:32 am

James took Luke's phone, "Hey Ash." He said flatly.

Ashlee still thought she was going to die but she agreed to talk to James anyway, hearing how just worn out he sounded, "Hey guy what's up?

James figured that there was need to drag this out any longer than it should be so just spit it out, "So Evelyn messaged me on Facebook you know since I deleted her off my friends list, and she left me this whole lengthy message about how we should get together and talk and what not, like all civil and try and not tear each others heads off. She said she wants to explain why she's been how she has been since we've been here. Honestly Ash I haven't really gotten any sort of closure, but I'm afraid to talk to her cause its like... when I'm with her I lose whatever I have to say to her cause I'm too focused on her and memories and crap. So what do you think?"

James didn't really feel like holding the phone to his ear, so he put it on speaker and put it down on the bed next to him, and listened to what Ashlee had to say. He didn't care if Luke heard, because he was just going to tell him what she had said anyway,might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Ashlee bit her lip listening to James pretty much pour his heart out to her, she really didn't like this situation at all. She didn't like how it was eating away at Evelyn, and she hated hearing how depressed the both of them sounded, she knew that both of them had their reasons for doing things even if they weren't the right reasons. James had a point, but so did Evelyn. Ashlee knew the truth, and no one else really did.

Ashlee twirled a piece of hair around her finger and sighed, "James listen, I love you and Ev both very much. You're both my good friends and this whole thing is just terrible, but I feel like you do both need like some sort of closure. I feel like neither of you have gotten it, and I know you're mad a her and I know talking to her is hard especially when all these feelings are still here and its gonna take some time for you to get over them. Trust me it was hard talking to Luke after we broke up and tried to work out our friendship, and now he's my best friend."

She took a deep breath and continued, "Listen I don't expect you and Ev to get married, or even be the best of friends. But I just say that you should at least listen to her, and that she listen to you too, and that no matter what you try your best to keep up a strong face about it okay?"

James rubbed his eyes as he had listened to Ashlee for a couple of moments and figured that maybe he could listen to Evelyn, but he knew being strong around her was becoming harder for him to do, "Give her a chance then is what you're saying in all of this?"

"Only if you think she deserves it, James." Ashlee stated truthfully, hoping that James would at least hear Evelyn out before completely writing her off from his life.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:35 am

"Take two then," Luke said in the silence that followed. "Thanks, Ashlee," he said to the phone. He lifted his dark eyes to James, questioningly. "It didn't go so well the first time, but maybe this time, you'll get it all out."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:55 pm

"No problem, I'll let you two talk, just call me later then." Ashlee said quietly hanging up, James heard the line go silent and he handed Luke's phone back to him.

James mused over this a bit more, was there really anything else he really hadn't said to her? He'll admit he had been hurtful in what he said when he called her after seeing that video but he couldn't help it. She had hurt him so much before and she never held back when it came to saying something hurtful to him.

As to if there was anything left to say James didn't know, and he wasn't sure he wanted to face her, he just felt like he was gonna crack that was all there was really to it. He didn't want to lose his composure and he did so easily around her, he looked up at Luke and then smashed his face into his blanket, "Why does life have to be so annoying?" His voice came out muffled into the blanket.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:58 pm

"Well, end it quick then?" Luke suggested. "Come on, after all this ugliness, you're really worried you'll get sucked in?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:46 pm

"Yes, yes I am Lucas." He said into his blanket, and then turning over because he suddenly couldn't breathe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Luke scratched his ear. "How? I don't get it!" he said, frustrated now. "She's done everything she could possibly do short of eloping to piss you off."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:06 pm

"Luke I don't know! I don't know what it is about her, but its just so easy to get sucked back in!" James sat up and faced him, "Its like who cares, I mean I could have had the most nastiest argument with her like what we had at school these last couple of times, and instead of just leaving or being mature about it, I get sucked back into talking to her. Or I find her some place when I'm totally off guard, like I'll bump into her and...I know I sound crazy, hell I probably am, but I have no idea what to do anymore! I know you're sick of listening to me and I know this is probably bugging the crap out of you too, but Luke.... UGH!" James groaned throwing his hands up in the air so frustrated with his damn emotions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Luke mused for a moment. Yeah, it annoyed him having to watch James put himself through this. It was more annoying knowing he couldn't really help his best friend out. "You know what, you need to make a proactive effort to move on. Talk to her, ASAP, and then get to know other girls. Like, not in the way you usually get to know them," he said warningly. "Like, anyone catch your eye? You have to be remotely attracted to someone else, right? There are a ton of hot girls on campus."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:20 pm

James rolled his eyes in a "duh" manner, "Well yeah of course I've noticed. Just cause I think about Evelyn doesn't mean my eyes don't function, I've seen loads of hot girls. I mean the girl that caught my interest I told you was Rose, and hell even Evelyn's friend Carrie is cute, but I don't want to like I don't know I know I've rebounded, but I feel like I'm still stuck in that whole rebound phase, and both of them actually seem decent. Honestly if I would rebound on anyone it would be Ash's roommate Oriana since she's all "no relationships" and what not."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:25 pm

"Ash would kill you if you hooked up with Oriana," Luke reminded him, amused. "It'd be like fraternizing with the enemy. Okay, so if you're stuck rebounding, maybe just get to know both of them....wait Carrie?" He grinned. "Evelyn and I would murder you if you hurt Carrie."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:30 pm

James couldn't help but grin, "Dude I know, that's why I haven't even really given Oriana any attention in hooking up with her. I know Ash would like appear from the ceiling and kill me, plus I know that Carrie is your good friend and Ev's its why I didn't really try anything with her either. Yeah I do wanna try and get to know them both, it seems good for right now."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Luke nodded. "Be careful with that Rose girl though. If you do get to know her, make sure it's not because she's a redhead with green eyes. You know?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:41 pm

James nodded kind of having forgotten that Rose had similar resemblance to Evelyn, but unlike Evelyn there was some sort of kindness that radiated from Rose as opposed to Evelyn's more alluring nature in her looks. Evelyn to him was more like something out of those fantasy books, almost too beautiful to be real. Rose though, she was real, she seemed human, approachable, "Yeah I know what you mean Luke, I'll try not to."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Luke nodded and stood up, stretching. "I'm gonna get in some practice before we have to leave. Speaking of, pick your song. If I need to get people to help us, I need to know what you want to do." He walked over to where his guitar case stood against the wall.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:46 pm

James stood up and yawned, "You pick one for me. I have no idea what I would want to sing, and you probably know more songs than me anyway."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Luke groaned. "No. Pick a song. I already have to work with the music itself. What are we going for, more older rock, or do you feel like singing a mushy love song? Or hey, the whole break up genre is very in right now. You know..." He grabbed his guitar, taking it out of its case as he sat down on his bed.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:08 pm

James snorted, "What do you want me to sing "Ridin' Solo" and come out from underneath the stage like Michael Jackson during the Thriller Tour, all while you bust a guitar solo with Slash, who comes down from the ceiling?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:13 pm

Luke grinned. "That might actually work really well."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:16 pm

"We may run into some problems though Lucas... I've forgotten how to moon walk!" James gasped over dramatically, then grinning.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm

"Buddy, this is New York. Just step out on the street, you'll find someone who knows how to," Luke reminded him, testing his guitar strings. He fiddled in his pocket and pulled out a pick. He paused. "I have no idea how that song will sound acoustic, but whatever. We'll just try." He began to strum something that vaguely resembled the back tune of "Ridin' Solo".
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next