New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Streets of Manhattan

2 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Streets of Manhattan - Page 26 Empty Re: Streets of Manhattan

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:41 am

Lola, James and Ashlee laughed at Ashton's little stunt. Lola reached over smacking Ashton's arm, "You're so mean."

Jake had jumped in his seat at the car horn, and glared at a laughing Ashton, and he looked to Seth, "Nothing let's go." He said pulling his car out and heading for the street.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:46 am

"Seriously," Evelyn groaned, having had enough assaults on her lovelife already that day. "If everyone's so overjoyed, why are they hell bent on making us miserable?"

Ashton grinned at Lola and then waited for Jake to pull onto the street that led off the quad before following him. Seth's car was already ahead and picking up speed.

Seth flicked on the stereo and heavy drum&bass thundered through the speakers. He accelerated. "Whooooo!"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 am

"HELLL YEAHHHH!! WHOOO!!!" Jesse shouted alongside Seth in his car.

"They just jealous! Now time to go WHOOO!!" Jake cheered like Seth, pressing his foot on the gas as the Mustang sped down the streets.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:57 am

Ashton, figuring he didn't want to crash and kill all four of the people in his car, let Jake pass him by and then followed at a law-abiding pace.

Predictably, Seth soon met traffic.

"Damn it, we can't jump the curb," he exclaimed, and then rolled down his window as Jake pulled up beside him at the traffic lights. "No curb jumping. There's a cop right there," Seth said to Jake, after indicating to Evelyn to roll down her window.

"You're kidding," she muttered. "Please be kidding." Her hands gripped her seatbelt.

"Yeah, somebody's gettin' arrested," Ashton predicted.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 am

"Ah shit!" Jake cursed, frowning.

"We're fucked." Antonio stated simply.

"They never learn." Lola tutted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 am

"Don't cuss," Evelyn reprimanded Antonio automatically.

Eventually the lights turned green and they sped on. Evelyn hadn't traveled the city by car since her visit to Broadway, so she was peering out her window eagerly, taking in the city from its streetview.

"Would you want to live here ten years from now?" she asked Jake abruptly, turning to look at him.

"So on a scale of one to ten, how mad are yoru 'rents?" Seth asked Jesse as they sped along again.

"Oh, hey, James, you and Rose were looking pretty friendly last night," Ashton commented. "How's that going?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:29 am

"Sorry mom." Antonio muttered looking out the window.

Jake had slowed down some, and realized maybe speeding wasn't good tonight after seeing the cop. He glanced at Evelyn, then put his eyes back on the street. "Where, in New York? Yeah I love it here. I could see myself here, or back home in Barcelona."

"What about you Red? Could you see yourself living here ten years from now?" He asked her.

"Um pretty pissed, see when Ash was younger she kind of went through um a rebellious phase after she broke up with Luke. She came and lived with me. And she was out partying and crap. She never told my parents she was leaving, and well after that when she wanted to come here for school our dad agreed if she did good in school and didn't act out, then he'd help out financially and crap." Jesse told Seth, he took a breath. "Well he's pissed and has cut her off cause of her being irresponsible. I tried to reason with him saying it was just one mistake to give her another chance but yeah."

"Oh yeah, it was cool we were just hanging out. Nothing huge." James said coolly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Fuck, I didn't think this would have such dire repercussions! Seth felt suddenly, heavily guilty, a feeling he wasn't all too familiar with. Ashlee had just been her usual chipper, happy self so he hadn't even thought to ask her if her parents had found out - he had sort of assumed, since he'd changed her Facebook so quickly, that they hadn't known. But obviously, it had reached them somehow.

"Second chances are a one-time-only thing," Seth replied knowingly, wondering just how long it'd take for his parents to find out. So far, his brother hadn't said anything besides calling Seth a moron. Seth figured Rafe was secretly in shock. The divorce had greatly helped erase things, though.

Seth was under no delusions, however. News like this spread like wildfire through the Upper East.

He glanced over at Jesse - and then swerved violently around a slower car ahead of him. "Fuck!" He cleared his throat. "So how, um, how's she paying her tuition and rent?" he asked warily.

Ashton quirked an eyebrow at James' tone and then figured it best not to intervene. "Hey, Lola," he said instead, glancing at her before returning his gaze to the road. "We should seriously go ahead with that musical plan. So far, everyone seems all for it. Well, at least from what I get." He quirked an eyebrow in the rearview mirror at James and Ashlee. "Oh, quick recap, we're thinking about taking the whole crazy shit that's happened in our first semester at NYU and turning it into a musical to be performed here. And I happen to know students, especially Drama majors, can do it."

Evelyn watched the lights of Midtown twinkle in the distance. If she turned her head just a bit, she could even make out the Chrysler building and if she looked through the back window, she knew she'd see SoHo and the rest.

She reached up and twirled a strand of bronze hair, tugging it as she thought for a moment. "Honestly? I don't know. Even though Wall Street is pretty much where my whole career's at.

"I mean, I've lived in cities my whole life, grew up in West Seattle, and it's huge, that city, but I kind of never want to set foot in it. Too many bad memories." She let go of the curl and tucked some hair behind her ears. "I mean, I love visiting family there but it's like, the moment I get off the plane, I start counting how many days I have till I leave. Ash Creek...somehow, I don't think a small town could hold me or would want me. I'm apparently an easily hateable person." She cracked a small grin. "Plus, small towns are too slow-paced. It's the same old thing and I get bored really easily."

She paused and her smile toned down a notch as she looked over at Jake. "But then, I mean, I'm fairly sure Luke would be in LA ten years from now. It's just where the music industry's at. Carrie plans to go back to Seattle after graduation, Ashlee...I don't know. LA is big in fashion too, so she might or might not stay here. And I don't exactly like to picture a future where I'd have to be -" She broke off and bit her lip, looking back out her window and feeling somewhat silly. Futures shouldn't be based on where your friends went. She knew that.

But so far, her friends had been her only constant. In Seattle, she'd had Carrie and Leon. In Ash Creek, she'd had Luke, Ashlee and even James. She hadn't brought up James, figuring it might not fly so well with Jake given their earlier conversation, but...

She somehow didn't like the idea of being alone in New York ten years from now without any of those certain few people around.

She didn't really want to say it outloud right now though. It somehow felt weird having Antonio listening in and he didn't know why she might be oversensitive to the idea of being alone in a huge city. He didn't, unlike Jake, know she'd always been alone for nearly a decade.

"It would kind of suck, is all," she said, to fill the silence. "To have to get on a plane just to see your best friends, you know? And I don't award people best friend status so easily, in case that weren't obvious." She flashed a weak smile at Jake and returned her gaze out the windscreen.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:52 pm

"Um she was telling me when we were out earlier that she's picked up more shifts at work, but seriously you don't make too much working at those clothing stores. She has money in her account and stuff. I think she's getting loans and stuff." Jesse said.

"Oh what do you say you guys? You up for it? I can totally do it as an independent study thing, and Ashlee since you're into fashion I'm sure your major would encourage you to design costumes." Lola said turning back in her seat to talk to them.

Ashlee smiled, "Um yeah! I would love doing that!"

James laughed, "Wow really? This is going to happen. Sounds cool to me, I need to find my other calling I suppose."

Antonio hadn't been listening, he had been distracted by the game on his phone because he figured since everyone had harassed them earlier that they could talk without him being nosy.

Jake flicked his eyes at her and smiled faintly, but he sort of frowned. It must have sucked having to be alone and uprooted like that for most of her life, back and forth between places moving, and not really having family. He knew that wherever he went, whether it be Spain or New York he at least had his family here. As far as his friends went, he knew if Lola wanted to she go to Hollywood and pursue acting there, if she ever wanted to try for film acting instead of stage.

He knew Seth was going into business, and with Jake going into international business. That meant either of them would be traveling around for their work depending on what them did. But they knew coming back to New York they'd still have people here.

"You don't wanna picture a future where you'd be alone?" Jake said silently, looking to her for a moment then flicking his eyes back on the road. "I don't think anyone wants that. But know if you stay in New York, and Ashlee goes to Paris or something and Luke is touring all over the world. I'll be here if you decide to stay." Jake smiled and he reached his hand over to gently squeeze her's.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:22 pm

"Shit," Seth muttered, more to himself than to Jesse. He lifted one hand from the wheel and rubbed his chin, feeling slightly stubble there. "Do you think, in the events my parents don't decide to cut me off, that she'd let me help out?" he asked absently.

Ashton wondered if James realized he'd be re-enacting some of his romantic encounters with Evelyn. Ashton wasn't aware of all of them but he had heard enough to know James and Evelyn had had at least one such encounter here, even if it wasn't mutual from both sides.

There was the infamous law class scene Seth had filled him in on.

"I think Evelyn might be a problem though," he said. "And um, I somehow don't think Jake will like it if, um..." he hesitated, flicking his gaze into the rearview mirror and meeting Ashlee's as he raised his eyebrows.

Evelyn pulled her gaze off the windscreen down to Jake's hand holding hers. Shockingly, there was no comment from Antonio. She turned and looked back at him.

He was immersed in his phone, playing a game judging b the tiny music emanating.

Evelyn flashed Jake a smile in silent thanks and turned her gaze back out her window, her fingers giving his a brief squeeze. "How're you faring with your hair, Tony?" she asked, wanting a subject change.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm

James suddenly remembered what that meant, and cringed. "Um yeah... then I think I might have to change my vote on that."

"Um I don't know, see thing is she's acting like nothing is wrong. I'm sure she hasn't even told Ev yet. She'd probably deny you at first, but its worth offering. I offered her too, but she declined since I've kind of been on my own for awhile now so she said she feels bad taking money from me." Jesse shrugged, he did wanna help out his sister and he had put some money in her account. It wasn't much but it would help.

"Huh? Oh the hair." Antonio grinned, putting his phone in his pocket. "Chicks actually dig it. They think its edgy." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Which you clearly aren't." Jake added cheekily.

Antonio flicked him off and turned to Evelyn, "But yeah, its like I've gotten used to it but other people still kind of stare. But oh well. My mom flipped when she saw the picture but no big deal."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:51 pm

"Well you could always dye it brown," Evelyn suggested, turning in her seat to stare at Antonio's bright head. "Or, you know, join an anime club and spike the hair up with lots of hair gel." She grinned and turned around - and her eyes alighted on a passing cafe out Jake's window. "Waiiiiit! There! That's the one!"

Seth nodded. "I don't think she'd tell Evelyn right now either. Evelyn's kind of been all nun-like-freaking out from what Jake's been telling me." He shook his head. "I'll ask Ashlee - oh, we're here, I think." He'd caught sight of a sign reading Blue Flame along the side of hte road. "Fuck, no parking, but I can't say that's unexpected." He turned the GTR down a side street and they emerged onto a sort of back plaza behind the cafe, where a few cars were parked. Seth sighed. He always really hated leaving his car in a place like this. Racers were not made ot be left alone for thieves. "You knwo what, I'm gonna park elsewhere." Seth reversed out of the plaza and turned back onto the main street, merging back behind Jake and Ashton's cars.

"Yo," Ashton called, leaning out his window as Seth drew level with him. "Where do we park?"

Seth bit his lip. "You can park in that plaza behind the cafe," he called back, leaning around Jesse. "I'm gonna go ahead and Jesse and I will walk back."

Ashton flashed him a thumbs up and rolled up his window because it was starting to get colder.

Seth turned off the street and snagged a parking spot several meters down, in front of a secondhand bookstore.

Ashton turned onto the side road and entered the plaza, parking behind the cafe. He unlocked the doors and they all piled out. "Shit, it's cold!" He rubbed his bare hands together, blowing on them, and then locked his car and led the way aorund the edge of the plaza to the front, where the front door of the cafe stood gleaming.

Seth and Jesse were now out of the GTR, and Seth flicked the remote lock button, tucking the remote back into his pocket as they walked. Two soft clicks let him know the GTR was as safe as it could be.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Jake pulled up in the spot besides Ashton, turning off his car. He got out and went to open the door for Evelyn, "Alright everyone out." He shivered a bit, damn it had been pretty cold out tonight.

"Yeah it is." Lola's teeth chattered a bit as she zipped up her [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Ashlee and James following behind her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Evelyn had almost thrown open her own door, and then stopped, momentarily confused when she saw Jake walk around ot her side. She grinned as she stepped out, hugging her arms around herself in the cold. Ashton, Lola, Ashlee and James were just a few paces away, round the side of the cafe.

Evelyn, Jake and ANotnio made their way behind them, Evelyn blowing on her hands as she went Seth and Jesse were crossing the street when they reached the front.

"Everybody good?" Seth asked, and then pushed open the door to Blue Flame's, stepping inside.

It wasn't as shabby as he'd thought. It was actually pretty modern inside, with sleek, dark shiny wood on the surfaces of tables and the counter. There was a barista in one corner of the counter, where pastries and cakes were displayed under soft lighting.

The tables each had small tealights and the whole atmosphere was almost sleepily quaint.

"It's cute in here," Evelyn murmured to Ashlee, moving over to her. She looked around and spotted the cleared space where a mic and amp were set up. Luke's dark blond head was visible as he bent over his guitar, singing, of all things, Wonderwall.

Predictably, a gaggle of teenage girls probably around their age was sitting near him, sipping coffee and giggling quietly as they listened to him.

[[To [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:22 pm

[[ Jake, Evelyn, Lola, Ashton, Ashlee, Jesse, Seth, Antonio, Luke and James from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ]]

Everyone had gone to McDonald's and gotten food.

Jake looked at Evelyn and sighed as he pulled into the drive thru behind them, and looked to Evelyn. "I didn't mean to you know that, sorry. Are you hungry?" He asked her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Evelyn bit her lower lip, still looking out her window, and then sighed. She had something clearly wrong with her stomach, but since Ashlee had it too, it wasn't the McDonald's. "Um, just a large fries and a drink," she murmured, figuring a burger would only make her throw up again. She dug in her bag adn pulled out her wallet, holding out a ten dollar bill to Jake.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Jake hadn't been hungry so he ordered Evelyn's food for her, and handed the ten dollar bill to the person at the window. And gave Evelyn back her change. He put Evelyn's drink in the cup holder and handed her food to her.

"There you go." Jake said as he pulled out of McDonald's.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:00 pm

Evelyn unwrapped her fries and popped two into her mouth. She glanced over at Jake, frowned slightly and held out the box to him. "Not hungry?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Jake shook his head, "Nah, I'm good. If I was hungry I'd be whining." Jake grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:03 pm

"Well, Seth's not here to cater to your whims," Evelyn pointed out, popping some more fries into her mouth and reaching down to grab her drink. She took a sip and then put it back in its spot, returning to eating again in silence.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:10 pm

"So you're gonna ignore me for the rest of the night I take it?" Jake asked, as he pressed down on the gas speeding up a bit and swerving in between two cars, so he could be in the front.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:22 pm

"I'm..." Evelyn expelled a breath, biting down hard on a fry and swallowing it without really chewing. She swayed in her seat with the motion of the Mustang and reached down for her drink when Jake slowed down again.

"I'm not ignoring you," she finished, toying with a fry between her fingers. "I just don't have anything to say."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:23 pm

"You sure?" Jake asked, cutting off a small silver car. Which honked loudly back at him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Evelyn's eyes widened and she nearly dropped her box of fries, gripping onto heer arm rest with her free hand. "Um, don't you think you should slow down some? There was a cop here," she remarked, trying not to sound too unnerved.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Jake hadn't seen the cop, but when he did he had slowed down a bit until they were out of the officers sight again. He stomped down on the gas and the car roared as he flew past a few cars and as soon as he made the corner he, slammed down on his breaks turning his wheel sharply to the left. The Mustang swerved and screeched loudly as he turned sharply and flew down the street.

"Ahh I miss this." Jake said calmly, flying down the street.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next